IN THIS SECTION
Hach Student Life Center
The mission of Timberwolf Recreation is to provide recreation services, programs and facilities for the Northwood University community with emphasis on meeting student needs. Timberwolf Recreation strives to contribute to the physical, mental and social development of our users by offering programs and services in an environment that encourages diversity, promotes healthy lifestyles and provides productive leadership opportunities.
The Hach Student Life Center offers members state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. The Hach offers:
- A Fitness Center complete with Cybex circuit strength-training pieces, free weights and training benches, cross trainers, treadmills, Zero Runner and upright and recumbent bikes. The Center is also equipped with televisions. The Fitness Center staff is trained in the operation of the cardiovascular and strength equipment and can help answer any questions that you may have regarding a machine.
- Weight training facility includes free weights, ProMaxima equipment and power racks.
- Intramural team sport leagues – basketball, volleyball, flag football, ping-pong, dodge ball and so much more.
All Northwood University current students, faculty, staff and retirees are eligible for a free membership to the Hach Student Life Center. Students and faculty are automatically set up with memberships.
Additional memberships are available with the following rates:
- Current Northwood University extended family of student/faculty/staff: $180/year
- Daily Pass: $5.00
- Alumni rate: $100 per year
- Alumnus and family: $250 per year
- Individual rate per person: $250 per year
- Family rate: $350 per year
- Basketball court reservation: $55 per hour (based on availability and reservations booked with the Director of Facilities and Events)
- Dance Room/Wellness reservation $45 per hour (based on availability and reservations booked with the Director of Facilities and Events)
Contact Facilities and Events Director for Pamella & Daniel DeVos center rates.
The year membership is good for an entire calendar year, not a school year, meaning June-June or September-September.
Once a membership card is issued, it must be presented along with a picture ID in order to enter the facility. Children 16 years and under do not need a picture ID; however, they must present their membership card and have an adult present.
When purchasing a membership (other than a day pass), please go to the business office in Lower Miner to pay for the membership and obtain a picture ID membership card.
Anyone who loses their membership or student ID card will need to obtain a new card from the business office in Lower Miner with the replacement fee of $45 to print a replacement card. Students with a defective ID or is chipped or broken cards should visit the business office for a new one.
Hours of Operation
Facility hours vary during holidays and final exam weeks. Open hours do not guarantee that a certain activity area is free during that time due to group reservations. Please check with the Service Desk for an update on facility hours and activity area availability.
During the Academic Year
Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
During the Summer
Monday through Saturday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The Hach Student Life Center hosts special events for multiple group sizes. We work with groups of all sizes to set up recreational activities or multiple types of events, for example, graduation parties, wedding showers, and conferences. In addition to our recreation facilities, we offer classrooms, a meeting room, an outdoor courtyard, the Wolf Den Cafe, and a lounge area.