Esteemed group to be honored Oct. 15 gala in Midland, Michigan
Northwood University welcomes friends, supporters and alumni to help celebrate the 2022 Class of Distinguished Women in an Oct. 15 gala.
“Northwood University has a rich history of honoring the enormous contributions of women,” said Northwood First Lady Mary Ellen MacPhee. “This year’s group of honorees is very accomplished.”
The class includes:
• Carolyn Clifford of West Bloomfield, a news anchor with WXYZ-TV
• Junia Doan of Midland, a journalist and producer of The Spark, and president of the Herbert and Junia Doan Foundation
• Nicole Glenn of Allen, Texas, the founder and CEO of Candor Expedite
• Wendy H. Steele of Traverse City, the founder and CEO of Impact 100
• Grace Huang of Marietta, Georgia, the president of Cox Automotive Inventory Solutions
• Sanya L. Weston of Northville, the founder and CEO of Your Premier Travel Service
In 1970, the Distinguished Women Award was created by the Northwood University Board of Trustees to honor the enormous contributions of women. The award is a recognition of excellence. Its recipients represent the values Northwood espouses for its own students: commitment to free enterprise, the partnership of arts and business, and the management of global commerce.
The 2022 Class of Distinguished Women will be honored during the 53rd Distinguished Women Awards Gala, which will be held Saturday, Oct. 15, at The H Hotel in Midland.
To learn more about the Distinguished Women Awards and purchase tickets to the Gala, visit https://www.northwood.edu/dw/awards.