The Patricia and Robert Naegele Competitive Scholarship
Secure a scholarship to pursue your American Dream - Up to $40,000 over four years
This is an annual scholarship available to qualified freshmen for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- The scholarship is available for full-time BBA and four-year BBA/MBA students.
- It is awarded to qualified students for up to a total of eight semesters as long as renewal standards are met.
- The recipient may receive a Northwood University Academic Merit Scholarship in addition to this award (total awards not to exceed the cost of attendance).
How to apply for the scholarship:
- Apply for admission and be accepted by Northwood University for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Write a 300 to 500-word essay describing your American Dream and how the global free-enterprise society will help you achieve it. Examples of your experiences with entrepreneurs are highly encouraged.
- Complete the 2020/21 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
Awards are based on:
- Application and essay
Submission of your scholarship application and the essay by January 10, 2020, 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Academic merit
- Competitive presentation
On Saturday, February 22, 2020, at the Midland campus, finalists will participate in a competitive presentation about your American Dream and how the global free-enterprise society will help you achieve it. Examples of your experiences with entrepreneurs are highly encouraged. Presentations should be up to five minutes long and will be followed by a question and answer period with the selection panel.
- Your NU Admission commitment deposit must be received prior to the Naegele Competitive Scholarship competition date.
- While this scholarship is merit-based, financial need can be a consideration in the final award amounts.
Please contact the admissions office at 989.837.4273 for additional information.