The Patricia and Robert Naegele Competitive Scholarship
Secure a scholarship to pursue your American Dream - Up to $40,000 over four years
This is an annual scholarship available to qualified freshmen and transfer students for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- The scholarship is available for full-time BBA and four-year BBA/MBA students.
- It is awarded to qualified students for up to a total of eight semesters as long as renewal standards are met.
- The recipient may receive a Northwood University Academic Merit Scholarship in addition to this award (total awards not to exceed the cost of attendance).
How to apply for the scholarship:
- Apply for admission and be accepted by Northwood University for the 2019-20 academic year.
- Write a 300 to 500-word essay describing the American Dream and its impact on a global free-enterprise society. If applicable, examples of entrepreneurial experience are encouraged. Submit your essay along with a completed scholarship application.
- Complete the 2019/20 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
Awards are based on:
- Application and essay
Submission of your scholarship application and the essay by January 14, 2019, 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Academic merit
- Competitive presentation
On Saturday, February 23, 2019, at the Midland campus, finalists will participate in a competitive presentation about the American Dream and its impact on a global free-enterprise society. Examples of entrepreneurial experience are encouraged. Presentations should be up to five minutes long and will be followed by a question and answer period with the selection panel.
- Your NU Admission commitment deposit must be received prior to the Naegele Competitive Scholarship competition date.
Please contact the admissions office at 989.837.4273 for additional information.