This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Offered in Midland, Michigan
Adult Degree Program
- Alpena, Michigan*
- Bay City, Michigan*
- Flint, Michigan*
- Gaylord, Michigan*
- Grand Rapids, Michigan*
- Lansing, Michigan*
- Livonia, Michigan*
- Macomb, Michigan*
- Midland, Michigan*
- Saginaw, Michigan*
- Selfridge, Michigan (Military)*
- Troy, Michigan*
- Ford Kentucky Truck Plant*
- Ford Louisville Assembly Plant*
- Louisville, Kentucky*
- Toyota, Kentucky*
- West Palm Beach, Florida*
- Cedar Hill, Texas*
- Fort Worth, Texas (Military)*
- Cerritos, California
- New Orleans, Louisiana*
- Glen Ellyn, Illinois*
* Some or all major coursework is only available online
Automobiles are much more than a means of transportation. They signify our freedom, sense of independence, and often reflect our personality. You know when you own one that you can go anywhere the road takes you, even if you're the type who likes to drive off the beaten track.
That's why Northwood's Automotive Marketing & Management graduates are in such high demand. They understand the people, passions, and processes that get two- and four-wheeled vehicles from our dreams to our driveways. They also understand the business models, supply chains, and financial strategies necessary to keep the wheels of the automotive industry spinning. You could say NU students and alumni are considered the premium package when it comes to employment.
Northwood has educated thousands of students to manage and own successful new and independent automotive dealerships, and has worked with countless dealers, general managers, managers, and employees within dealerships to help them improve performance. If you see the automotive industry in your future, Northwood University is where the rubber meets the road. We aren't the only ones impressed by our Automotive Marketing & Management program, see what the industry has to say about Northwood University for yourself. This article from ChevyDetroit.com really sums it up.
A Degree that Works
Automotive marketing & Management has the unique reputation of having students employed before they graduate. The employment rate for 2012 graduates was over 95% all in the field of Automotive Marketing & Management (according to 2012 alumni career survey). Our graduates hold high positions in automotive companies all over the world. Here are just a few places you'll find our graduates:
- Alliant National Title Insurance Company, Inc.
- Al Serra Automotive Group
- Amarr Garage Doors
- American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
- Asbury Automotive Group
- Automotive Finance Corporation
- Automotive Strategic Alliances
- Blodgett Inc.
- Braman Motor Cars
- Chrysler, LLC
- Consumer Insights, Inc., Philippines
- Dworkin Chevrolet
- Ed Bozarth Nevada #1 Chevrolet
- Fifth Avenue Auto haus Volkswagen, Ltd., Canada
- Ford Motor Company, Canada
- Ford Motor Company, U.S.A.
- Ganley Akron, Inc.
- General Motors
- Gold Coast Maserati / Bentley / Rolls Royce / Bugatti / Lamborghini
- Highland Ford, Canada
- Innerworkings, Inc.
- ISA REPS
- J. D. Power
- Kelley Blue Book
- Keyser Chevrolet Buick
- Kia Motors
- LaFontaine Automotive Group
- Lexus, a Division of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A.
- Mercedes Benz of Miami
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- Peugeot Autohaus Engel, Germany
- RLMB Auto Sales Inc.
- Sheridan Nissan
- South Centre Fine Cars
- The Breakers Palm Beach
- Three Rivers Chrysler Jeep Dodge
- Toll Global Forwarding
- Tom's Ford
- U.S. Marine Corps
- Volkswagen Credit Inc.
- Wagner Ford
- Westgate Chevrolet
- Wickstrom Auto Group
Education in Action
- Northwood University offers a complete dealership educational experience.
- Each fall, Automotive Marketing & Management students in Michigan organize and present the annual Northwood University International Auto Show (NUIAS). It's the largest outdoor, international, new vehicle auto show in North America and is completely student run.
- See what others are saying about the Northwood University International Autoshow
- Look at a recap of the 50th annual Northwood University International Autoshow
- Experience hands-on learning opportunities beginning in your freshman year.
- Study abroad programs provide the ultimate global experience. You will graduate with a firm understanding of how the automotive industry works.
- Attend the annual National Automobile Dealers Association Convention and Detroit International Auto Show, as well as NASCAR and other events which will further expose you to diverse experiences and people within the industry.
- Our close relationships with major manufacturers not only enhance your education, but also improve your chances for employment after graduation.
- We seek input from alumni and other automotive industry experts throughout the year to make certain we are teaching the information students need to be successful. This ensures you receive a future-focused education.
- In addition to our major in Automotive Marketing & Management and our MBA program, Northwood University also offers:
- Online classes
- NADA Sales Certification
- AFIP Certification
- Retail Dealership Simulations
- Specific certifications on maximizing your web marketing efforts