You’re Part of the Family!
Welcome to Northwood University! Transitioning to university life is an exciting experience – for both the student and the parent. Please utilize this information as a quick reference to all vital Northwood resources.
Be assured that Northwood University’s faculty and staff are here for your son or daughter. We have them covered from academics to financial aid to buying books to keeping them healthy. Their mental and physical well-being is an important aspect of their academic success. We encourage you to stay involved, learn about Northwood, and continue talking with your child about their Northwood experience. Have a question? Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Northwood Family Newsletter
Do you want to stay engaged with events on campus? As parents, we don’t always get the information we think we need from our students…and yet, our children think they are giving us all the information we need. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter to stay informed, and receive information that provides good conversation starters for you and your student.
Additional Resources found on our website:
- Academic Calendar
- CARE Team
- Health Services
- Residence Life/ Housing
- Student Life
- Career Advancement
- Timberwolf Learning Center (TLC)/ Tutoring
- Important Phone Numbers
Officers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to respond to requests for assistance. Visit our webpage for more information on safety tips, enforcement policies, crime prevention, and safety procedures.
Be sure to visit the Financial Aid page to learn what scholarships and grants are available. Be sure to have your student fill out the OPT IN form to be considered for a Private Donor Scholarship.
Be sure to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need the following documents when filing:
- Student's Social Security Number
- Parent's Social Security Number
- Driver's License
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen, Alien Registration number
- Federal tax information or tax return forms
- Student W2 form
- Spouses W2 form if married
- Parents W2 if providing parent information
- Records of untaxed income such as Social Security benefits, temporary assistance for needy families (TANF), veterans benefits for you (and your parents if providing parent information, and information on savings, investments, and business and farm assets for you (and your parents if providing parental information)
- Remember to list Northwood University first when listing schools as this may help with private school aid
Parent Information Technology Overview
Review this video to learn how to fill out the Parent Proxy which is necessary to view/pay bills, view grades. You can also learn how to access Blackboard, an important tool for both you and your student. It will also give you valuable information on technology and resources available at Northwood University for both you and your student.