Northwood University’s Annual Stafford Dinner will take place at Zehnders of Frankenmuth in Frankenmuth, Michigan on Saturday, February 21st, 2015. The scholarship fundraiser will open its doors with a reception at 5:00pm and will start dinner service at 6:00pm. The cost is $90 per person. For more information or to make reservations, contact Dr. Julie Tkach at (989) 837-4366, or visit the Stafford Memorial Dinner website at https://www.northwood.edu/stafford/. Seats are limited for the occasion, and walk-in sales will not be available.This year celebrates the 40th anniversary for the annual scholarship fundraiser event, and continues the tradition of being planned and executed by the student executive board. The 13 member board has been preparing for the anticipated event themed “A Ruby Anniversary, a Night of Elegance,” since April, 2014. The meal will showcase students culinary expertise and exemplary serving etiquette. The board members who put the occasion together include:
- Ashley Reincke, Co-Chair – Junior majoring in Hospitality Management and minoring in Entrepreneurship
- Brandon Blaskowski, Co-Chair – Senior majoring in Hospitality Management and minoring in Marketing and Advertising.
- Hayley Chartier, Food and Beverage Co-Chair – Junior majoring in Hospitality Management and minoring in Entrepreneurship.
- Matthew Jensen, Food and Beverage Co-Chair – Junior majoring in Hospitality Management.
- Taryn Rubino, Food and Beverage Logistics Chair – Senior majoring in Hospitality Management with a minor in Economics.
- Taylor Hallop, Service Chair – Senior studying Hospitality Management.
- Megan Montgomery, Decorations Chair – Senior with a dual major in Advertising and Marketing and Hospitality Management and a minor in Economics.
- Michael Ma, Public Relations – Senior studying for a degree in Hospitality Management.
- Karley Constantineau, Registration Chair – Junior majoring in Hospitality Management.
- Troy Chinoski, Entertainment Chair – Senior majoring in Entertainment, Sport & Promotion Management, and minoring in Finance.
- Elizabeth Shellman, Finance Chair – Sophomore majoring in Hospitality Management.
- Rebecca Rider, Procurement Chair – Junior majoring in Advertising and Marketing and minoring in Hospitality Management.
- Emilee Davey, Secretary – Freshman majoring in Hospitality Management.
The Stafford Dinner honors the Hospitality Management department founder, William D. Stafford. He was the first chairman of the program, when Northwood University was still known as Northwood Institute. He has contributed tremendously towards the curriculum, using his experience and expertise to guide the Hospitality Management program to where it is now. Proceeds from the dinner will go to the Stafford Memorial Dinner Scholarship Fund which directly benefits the hospitality students’ educational funding.
Advisors for the upcoming event include Dr. Julie Tkach and Taffy Cline. Dr. Tkach is the Department Chair of the Hospitality Management program and Associate Professor at Northwood University. Executive Chef Cline is an adjunct culinary faculty member and top industry advisor for the dinner. Both advisors assist and support the executive board in both organization and preparation for the event.