Getting Started


You've made the commitment to earn your degree. Your military training and life experience put you in a great position to start today at Northwood University. Admissions and enrollment processes are designed to be straightforward and trouble-free.

Apply to Northwood

The process is quick, convenient and free online. Complete the Online Application.


Education Benefits

Veteran Education Benefits

  • If you have not applied for Veterans benefits, go to the Veterans Online Application or VONAPP at
  • If you have used veteran education benefits, submit a Change of Program (VA Form 1995) using VONAPP.
  • Contact your VA Certifying Official and notify them that you have applied of if you have questions regarding benefit certification.

Tuition Assistance Benefits

  • Military student using TA make requests through their respective chain of command. Each service branch manages TA separately. Course information required to make the request can be obtained through your advisor.

Northwood Certifying Officials

Military Credit Evaluation

Free evaluation of the Joint Services Transcript and/or Community College of the Air Force transcripts is completed during the admission process for all transferable credit towards the selected degree and major discipline. Request official military transcripts for academic review:

Air Force Components

  • Active military - Through AF Portal from a military computer (.mil domain)
  • Veterans - CCAF

All other Service Branches

  • JST Transcript
  • Select Northwood University location to have the transcript sent directly to the center.

Request All Prior Academic Transcripts

  • High School Diploma or GED, if an associate degree has not been earned at a regionally, accredited university
  • All prior colleges, regardless of number of credits taken or passed.

*Note: To be considered official, all transcripts must be sent from the prior school directly to Northwood University or in the original sealed envelope.

Northwood University
4000 Whiting Drive
Midland, MI 48640

An admissions representative will contact you upon receipt of your transcripts.

Request and Submit your Required Documents

In order to complete your record for proper military or veteran benefit enrollment and reduced tuition at the military rate, you must request and submit the applicable documents to Northwood University.

Required Documents