June 23-28, 2024
Experience the Automotive Industry
Why Attend Full Tank Automotive Camp?
With the guidance of current Northwood University Automotive Marketing students and faculty, campers learn how entrepreneurs, corporate marketers, assembly plant supervisors, and operations managers drive success in a global free enterprise society. This also allows students to experience what college life is like at Northwood.
The lessons and skills that campers learn can influence their future leadership in business — whether their career is inside or outside the automotive industry.
This camp is designed for students interested in auto shows, car collections, plant tours, design, or auto museums related to a S.T.E.A.M. career in the automotive industry.
S – Sales
T – Training
E – Engineering
A – Accounting
M – Marketing
Full tank auto camp
Fuel Your Summer
Why should you attend Full Tank Auto Camp?
What experiences will you have at Full Tank Auto Camp?
What do industry leaders have to say?
Skills Students Learn at Full Tank Auto Camp
There are many core business skills that campers will learn at Full Tank, including:
- Learning how dealership profits center work
- Discovering your individual skill set and how those skills relate to the automotive industry
- Collaborating in teams
- Problem-solving in a business setting
- Communicating through advertising
- Learning about the past, present, and future of the automotive industry
We have a limited number of scholarships available for students who may need assistance in covering the cost of the camp. Our goal is to support as many students as possible through private donor scholarships from several generous supporters.
Please complete the scholarship section of the application to be considered for a scholarship.
Generously Sponsored by General Motors
We are honored that General Motors is interested in developing the next generation of automotive leaders and has generously invested in the Full Tank camp. This camp allows students to explore and experience a variety of automotive-related career opportunities. It also offers fun activities as students meet others with similar interests as automotive enthusiasts.
Fun Activities at Full Tank Automotive Camp
This is a hands-on, experiential learning camp! Your experiences will include:
- A classic car show, hosted by Hagerty
- Meeting Autumn Schwalbe, a Northwood University alumuna and race car driver
- Hearing from automotive experts from around the world through the Automotive Hall of Fame
- Field trips to various automotive-inspired locations, like the newly-renovated Sloan Museum of Discovery
- Behind-the-scenes tours of local dealerships
- A Great Lakes Loons baseball game at Dow Diamond
- Daily mini-challenges to stimulate your curiosity and creativity; like creating your own car commercial
- Scavenger hunts to fully immerse you in campus life at NU
- Recreational activities in the evenings at sports complexes on campus
- A graduation ceremony for your family to celebrate your accomplishments at camp!
Total Costs to Attend
Full Tank Auto Camp is valued at $1,500. However, the support of private donors allows us to reduce the cost to students.
|First Time Student
|First Time Student