Degrees, Certificates and Certifications
- BSE in Industrial Operations Engineering from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- MSE in Industrial Operations Engineering from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
My Teaching Philosophy
As a professor, I believe my role is to create an environment where students are engaged in the course content and how to apply it to the real world. I strive to create a classroom that focuses on supporting students and building an inclusive and empowering environment. Balancing accountability and flexibility is a critical component of this environment. I strive for continuous improvement and incorporate this in my teaching. Students should be given opportunities to improve as they learn. True learning comes from hands-on practice and experimentation with opportunities to make mistakes and learn from them. I feel it is my responsibility to cultivate a sense of curiosity, critical thinking, and lifelong learning in my students while requiring a high level of quality and accountability.
Why I’m at NU
I am excited to be a part of the Northwood University community. The faculty, staff, and students bring culture that makes me feel I belong here. The degree programs and majors align with the skills needed in the real world and I want to be a part of helping students obtain their goals.
Consulting or Research Specialties
- Lean in Non-Manufacturing Environments, Toyota Service parts, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MI, University of Michigan Health System, and Compuware, 5 years
- Warehousing and Supply Chain, Toyota Service Parts & Cadillac Shoe Products, 2 years
- Lean in Manufacturing Environments, Alcoa Aerospace and Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems, 1 year
- Programming, Technical Education, & Administration, Compuware Corporation, 5 years
- Project Management, BRT, Inc., 1 year
- Administration and Data Analyst, Cleary University, 2 years