Degrees, Certificates and Certifications
- Master of Arts in Communication and Multimedia, Saginaw Valley State University
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership and Administration, Saginaw Valley State University
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (ABD) in Information Systems, Capella University
My Teaching Philosophy
I believe that the primary purpose that a professor fills is to provide students the tools necessary to problem solve. As a professor we must facilitate and develop the most powerful problem solving tool which is critical thinking. Without critical thinking none of the other tools matter. It is important to help students understand the importance of lifelong learning. I am here to help students achieve their goals and help them on their path to success. I can not guarantee success but I can most definitely help. Lastly, it is my job to make sure students get the greatest value from each course I teach. I am not here to fail students but to help them, and provide them value from each course.
Why I am at NU
I am at Northwood University for the following reasons:
- The Northwood philosophy is powerful. Free-enterprise is needed in our society and the philosophy does not stop there. Personal responsibility, ethics, and integrity are also at the forefront.
- Northwood provides faculty with academic freedom in how we teach our courses.
- Academics is the primary focus of the organization.
Selected Professional Experience
- IT Consulting, Non-Profit Organizations ten years
- Software Development, CNC Machining, two years