President, Graff Automotive Group
Max H. (Hank) Graff is a third-generation automotive dealer and former president of the Graff Automotive Group in Davison, Michigan. The Graff Automotive Group was once a single Ford dealership owned by Hank’s grandfather in 1914, and then passed onto Hank’s father. In 1977, Hank took over the family business, and in 1982 he left Ford for Chevrolet. The auto group is now comprised of 10 dealerships representing 16 franchises in Michigan and Ohio, and includes Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Volvo Heavy Truck and Isuzu Truck brands.
Professionally, Hank was a past president of the Flint Auto Dealers Association, a board member and past president of the Michigan Automobile Dealership, and president of the Ford Dealer Advertising Fund. He served as a member of Chevrolet Dealer Council and as a board member of the Michigan Automobile Dealers Self Insurance Fund.
Hank has also served as a board member for Evergreen Cemetery, a board member for the Genesee County Fair, and a board member of the Flint Golf Club. He has been a Deacon and board member of the First Presbyterian Church in Flint for several years. Hank was an Eagle Scout with the Boy Scouts of America, and received Boy Scouts of America Silver Beaver Award. He has also served as president of the Tall Pine Council of the Boy Scouts.
He has been awarded the Time Quality Dealer nomination, the Northwood University Dealer Education Award, Sales and Marketing Executive Businessman of the Year Award and numerous General Motors Mark of Excellence and Dealer of the Year awards. He is also a recipient of the Jack Smith Leadership Award.
Hank graduated from Michigan State University in 1968, and was a high school teacher prior to joining his father’s dealership. He and his wife, Bonnie, have two children and six grandchildren.
*All biographical information is only current up to the date of the award.