Chairman, N. A. Williams Company (Deceased)
Recognized as one of the leading figures in the automotive aftermarket industry, Neal Williams joined his family’s business, the N. A. Williams Company, an aftermarket representative agency, in 1959 after graduating from the University of Georgia and serving in the United States Army Counter Intelligence Corp. After entering the company as a territory salesman and progressing to sales manager, president and chairman, Williams grew the N. A. Williams Company to become the country’s largest automotive agency. Having flourished from a six-man sales team to over 100, the conglomerate is now recognized as the country’s largest automotive agency, and generates over one billion in annual sales and services to automotive aftermarket manufacturers, retailers and distributors. Founded in 1934, by William’s father Neal (Red) Williams, the enterprise serves accounts such as Carquest, National Auto Parts Association (NAPA) Genuine Parts, AutoZone, Advance Auto and O’Reilly, and more. Widely respected due to his integrity, vision, knowledge and insight, Williams is renowned as one of the leading figures in the automotive aftermarket industry. Nationally recognized for his ability to promote tremendous growth and expansion, he is also acclaimed as one of the first in his industry to offer profit sharing and healthcare programs to his employees. Recently presented with the Martin Fromm Lifetime Achievement Award by the Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA), the N. A. Williams Company was selected as “The Georgia Family Business of the Year.” Active in both industry and civic causes, Williams is a member of the Board of Trustees at Darlington School, the Board of Governors and Manufacturers Council of AWDA, the Alexis Tocqueville Society, and The Pals Club. He also serves as an elder at Trinity Presbyterian Church.