2018 Youth Leadership Program
A Program for High School Freshman
Midland County Youth Leadership is a two-day conference for Midland County ninth-graders that provides opportunities to learn about leadership, team building, volunteerism, team decision-making and goal setting through hands-on activities.
- Program Dates: 3/16/18 and 3/17/18
- Application Due Date: 12/20/17
- Interview Dates: 1/8/18 and 1/9/18
- If you have any questions, please call Teresa George at 989.837.4227 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply for the Midland County Youth Leadership Program, please complete the application here.
- Facebook: Midland County Youth Leadership
- Twitter: @midlandcyl
- Instagram: Midland_C_Y_L
How to Get Involved
Forty-five high school freshman are selected to participate in the Midland County Youth Leadership program. Applicants must be a student of a Midland County high school. If students are homeschooled, they must be a resident of Midland County. Selection is based on an application, two letters of recommendation and a brief interview (held on January 8 and 9, 2018). Application materials are available online here and must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. on December 20, 2017. Applications must be completed in full, with two attached letters of recommendation and preferred interview times selected.
The program is funded in part by the Leadership Midland Alumni Association, as well as area service clubs and community organizations. Area businesses are also sponsoring students’ participation in this year’s program, and in-kind contributions of time, supplies and facilities help keep the program affordable for youth. Speakers and presenters all donate their time and talent.