We provide career planning assistance to Northwood University traditional, Adult Degree Program, DeVos Graduate School of Management students, as well as alumni. The Career Services Center is available to assist you with career exploration, confident and professional self-marketing, and developing successful job search techniques.
The Career Services Center provides a number of career-related activities and events including two annual career expos (fall and spring), Experience, Optimal Resume, Career Transitions, on-campus recruiting and interviews, along with special events and a variety of workshops.Career Expo Dates & Information | What We Offer Students | Employer Information
Student Services Offered
- Career Transitions employs a simple approach to assist student and alumni users with exploring new career possibilities, assessing interests and experiences of users, identify ways to improve prospects - including networking and educational opportunities, preparation for a job search and applying for jobs utilizing a comprehensive sort feature.
Current Students: http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/nwoodu_careerctr?db=CART
- A web-based employment service connecting job seekers to employers via schools & alma maters.
- Works with hundreds of students globally to assist in all internship needs. Please contact the Career Assistance Center for the Promo Code.
- This software allows students to quickly and effortlessly create essential professional documents such as resumes, job search letters along with portfolio and website builders, interview preparation and skill assessment.
- Career Shift is an all-encompassing career search website. A great way to organize a job hunt, all is possible with this resource. Create a profile, save searches, search and save contacts, create a calendar, upload unlimited documents, and much more. Leave no stone unturned with Career Shift!
- This program allows students to explore career opportunities by major.
- Resume and Cover Letter Review - Please schedule your appointment at 989.837.4335 or email@example.com for a one-on-one assessment.
- Mock Interview (by phone or in person) - Please schedule your appointment at 989.837.4335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Professional Dress is required and plan approximately one hour for the process.
- Graduate School Guide- May be accessed online.
- Job Choices Magazine: Available exclusively online. You can also view the Diversity Edition
- Career search - Additional job search sites and resources.
- Career Coaching Seminars
Click the links below to launch the Career Coaching Seminar videos
Businesses of all sizes are welcome to meet, interview, and hire high quality Northwood University candidates. Whether you are seeking interns, entry level new graduates, or seasoned managers, Northwood University can assist you in your search.
- Post Open Positions & Internship Opportunities using Experience. All postings are accessible to all Northwood students and alumni. There is no fee to post open positions. Please contact Career Services to register.
- Send A Job To Career Services. Employers can self-post jobs to the Experience network. However, employers may also wish to submit job postings to Career Services. Career Services then can refer students directly to you. To send a job posting to Career Services, please complete the Job Posting Form.
- On-Campus Interviews & Visits. Career Services encourages employers to visit campus for individualized recruiting and networking days. The Career Services staff will work with you to coordinate on-campus interviews. Faculty often invite company representatives into classes to present on pertinent business topics. Company presentations can be arranged prior to interviews.
- Principles for Employment Professionals
- Principles for Third Party Recruiters
Career Expo Dates & Information
Accounting Career Expo
Monday, September 16th, 2013
5:30 - 7:00pm
Hach Student Life Center
Fall Etiquette Dinner
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
6:00 - 8:00pm
Virtual Career Expo
Wednesday, October 16 to Friday, October 18, 2013
Social Networking Event
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
6:00 - 8:00pm
Career Assistance Center
Church Family Administration Building
4000 Whiting Drive
Midland, MI 48640
Phone: 989.837.4335 | Fax: 989.837.4499