Passport and Visa

All Northwood Study Abroad programs require participants to have a valid passport. If you do not have a passport and are planning on going abroad, apply for one as soon as possible using this link (U.S. Citizens). If you already have a passport, make sure that your passport is valid or apply for a renewal using this link (U.S. Citizens).

Passport Photos: You can get your passport photos at Walgreens or at CVS (with online coupon).

Visa requirements will depend on the participant’s citizenship and the country of study. If you have any questions regarding possible visa requirements, contact the International Programs Office at 989.837.4327.

U.S. Citizens – General information on documentation needed to visit another country. For the most up-to-date information please check with embassies of the specific country. 

U.S. Customs – Rules you should be aware of before bringing items back from your trip.