Northwood University has built partner relationships with educational institutions worldwide. Through these partnerships, individual Northwood students have the opportunity to study at one of the partner institutions for a summer, semester, or year. Credits earned through exchange programs are transferred to Northwood University. Each partnership offers a different curriculum, yet the courses still maintain the values and learning goals of those offered through Northwood University on campus courses.
Participants in this program will pay regular tuition to Northwood University but will be directly enrolled as a student in the foreign university and participate in the host institution as an international student.
For more detailed information and application materials: Exchange Program Information Booklet and Application Forms
- Fall Semester – application and acceptance completed by March 15 of the preceding spring.
- Spring Semester – application and acceptance completed by October 15 of the preceding fall.
- Summer Programs – application and acceptance completed by March 15 of the preceding spring.
List of Exchange Programs
- Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Commerciales d’Angers (ESSCA) –Angers, France
- Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Commerciales d’Angers (ESSCA) –Budapest, Hungary
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre Y Maestra (PUCMM) –Santiago, Dominican Republic
- Ostfalia University of Applied Science, Wolfenbuttel Braunschweig –Wolfsburg, Germany
- The Hague University –Netherland – (International Business Management Studies)
- Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Commerciales d’Angers (ESSCA) –China, Shanghai
- John Cabot University – Rome, Italy
- PALAZZI – Florence, Italy
- Massey University (USAC) – New Zealand
- London Metropolitan University (USAC) – London, UK
- Bilbao/Getxo (USAC) – Spain
- Brazil- Santa Catarina (CEA)
- Argentina - Buenos Aires (CEA)
- Spain - CEA
- South Africa -Port Elizabeth (CEA)
- Costa Rica - (CEA)
- Brazil - Florianopolis (CEA)
* Courses at Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra are taught in Spanish.
All programs are taught in English other than PUCMM which is taught in Spanish.
To apply please do the following: -
- Make an appointment with the Director of International Education
- Submit the application materials found in the Exchange Program Information Booklet and Application Forms: Exchange Application Form, Personal Essay, and Student Reference Form.
Incoming Exchange Students
Incoming exchange students are students who have been selected by Northwood’s partner universities to study at Northwood for one or two semesters.
English Language Ability
Northwood University requires all applicants whose institutions language of instruction is not English to demonstrate adequate English language skills.
Grade Point Average (GPA)
Incoming exchange students must have a minimum GPA equivalent to a U.S. 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
Proof of Financial Support
Proof of financial support for the student's expected length of study must be provided. Evidence of financial support needs to be an original document (Original bank statement received in the mail, an official letter of funds available signed from a financial institution etc.). Two original documents will be needed. One will be sent to Northwood with your application and the other will be kept for the U.S Consular Office and presented during the visa interview. Certified copies, PDF attachments, faxes, and bank website printouts are NOT acceptable.
The exchange student’s immigration documents will be prepared by Northwood University when the exchange application is fully completed. The approximate turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. Form I-20 and information packet will be sent directly to the student. The packet will include instructions on how to proceed in order to obtain a visa and general information. After receiving the Form I-20, the international student must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee at www.fmjfee.com. All international students must pay the required SEVIS fee to the United States Department of Homeland Security per the instructions sent with the immigration document. It is not possible to pay the SEVIS fee before receiving the immigration documents.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition at Northwood University and general fees (application fee etc.) are waived in accordance with the exchange agreement between Northwood and the partner institution. Housing, Board, and Student fees (parking fee, technology etc.) are NOT waived and will need to be covered by the exchange student. Students are required to have Health Insurance coverage during their stay in the US.
Estimated Semester Expenses
Exchange students will be responsible for any expenses other than tuition and general fees.
Exchange students need to fill out a Transcript Request Form requesting an official transcript be sent to their home institute.