Find a Job or Internship
Northwood University gives you exclusive access to Handshake – a premier Career Advancement tool for current students and alumni uniting 500 schools, 9 million+ students and young alumni, and 250,000+ employers on one career network.
As Northwood University continues to strive for excellence in all that we do, offering a world-class, free-enterprise business education, it’s our goal in Career Advancement to provide the resources, services and support you need to reach your maximum potential.
Secure, real-time access to account data, anytime.
FIND EMPLOYERS SEARCHING JUST FOR NU STUDENTS & GRADS:
Access to exciting and relevant job opportunities targeted specifically to Northwood University students.
ACCESS TO PRIVATELY POSTED JOBS:
Search thousands of additional postings from 250,000+ employers across the country, offered by our Handshake network.
EASY SET-UP FOR AUTO SEARCH ALERTS:
Create and save customized job searches and receive automatic updates for new career opportunities that meet your preferences.
SAFE & EASY DOCUMENT STORAGE:
Store your application documents electronically to easily apply for available positions, including résumés, cover letters, academic transcripts, EXCEL transcript and writing
Why Should I Join Handshake?
Find a Job
Handshake takes the guesswork out of finding a job.
- Job Search: Access to exciting and relevant job opportunities targeted specifically to Northwood University students
- Extended Job Search: Search thousands of additional postings offered by our Handshake network, from 250,000+ employers across the country
- Search Job Agents: Create and save customized job searches and receive automatic updates for new career opportunities that meet your preferences
Don't be caught off-guard in an interview.
- Document storage: Store your application documents electronically to easily apply for available positions, including resumes, cover letters, academic transcripts, EXCEL transcript, and writing samples
Video: How to Upload a New Document
Explore Local Career Events
Know what events are out there to help you make the right choice to Own Your Future!
- Career Events Calendar: Search, view, and register online for upcoming events such as information sessions, workshops, networking mixers, and career expos on the Homepage
How Do I Start?
- Current students and any alumni enrolled since the 2016-2017 school year will login to Northwood University’s Handshake using their NU e-mail address
- Alumni graduating prior to the 2016-2017 school year will simply create a new account
- All Northwood University Students and Alumni should join Handshake
Instructions on How to Sign Up for Your Handshake Account