Student Alumni Network
The mission of the Student-Alumni Network is to create interaction between the student body and Northwood University alumni. The SANetwork’s focus is building a student/alumni connection through community service, volunteerism, fundraising and networking.
SANetwork members promote and uphold the principles of the University and the Northwood Idea philosophy. SANetwork members are students who exhibit leadership abilities, desire campus involvement and are willing to work with Northwood alumni. Members participate in SANetwork projects, develop activities and attend meetings.
Enhancing Student Life
The SANetwork is dedicated to enhancing student life and promoting student-alumni relations through sponsorship of programs and events that bring students and alumni together.
The SANetwork is self-supporting and relies on the special package programs and other events to generate funds for its programs and scholarships. For information on other available kits or to place an order, please call the SANetwork at 989.837.4157 or the Alumni Relations Office at 1.800.622.1007.
Whether you’re a parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle, a present from home is the best motivator! The SANetwork offers four packages to choose from:
- Freshman Welcome Kit
- Birthday Across the Miles
- Exam Survival Kit
- Farewell Package
To learn more about each package and to send a gift from home, click here!
Along with fundraising, we “raise-fun!” Alumni work with the SANetwork and Northwood students by participating in SANetwork organized events. We invite you to join the festivities. If you are interested in sponsoring an activity, please contact us!
- Camera Scavenger Hunt – Put your group of five together for a fun game of Camera Scavenger Hunt on campus!
- Euchre Tournament – Join other students and alumni for our annual euchre tournament at the NADA on the Michigan campus. The ninth annual tournament in February costs only $2.00 per person for several rounds!
- Speaker Series – Alumni share their professional success stories with students and alumni. We invite you to join us for a lecture, or if you are interested in speaking to students, please let the SANetwork know. Your stories and insights create a real perspective for students.
- Off-campus bonding events – Activities include the annual Tourettes walk to bring awareness, the Making Strides Cancer Against Breast Cancer walk, ice skating, pizza and a movie and more.
Vada Bennett Dow Humanitarian Award
Vada Dow was a great contributor to humanity. Her devotion to helping others accomplish their dreams was the hallmark of her life. From her early years as a teacher and a silent force behind her architect husband, Alden, the award signifies her philosophy and commitment to humanity. Candidates are chosen based on their involvement in the Midland community, hometown community and/or their involvement at Northwood University. Candidates must be in good academic standing with the University.
Kayla Swan (2011)
Tiffany Killian (2009)
Jenny Thuma (2008)
Tori Flakes (2007)
Heather Becklin (2006)