You’re Part of the Family!
Welcome to Northwood University! Transitioning to university life is an exciting experience – for both the student and the parent. Please utilize this information as a quick reference to all vital Northwood resources.
Be assured that Northwood University’s faculty and staff are here for your son or daughter. We have them covered from academics to financial aid to buying books to keeping them healthy. Their mental and physical well-being is an important aspect of their academic success. We encourage you to stay involved, learn about Northwood, and continue talking with your child about their Northwood experience. Have a question? Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Important University Links
- Emergency Notification System
- Emergency Phone Numbers
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Mission, Outcomes, Ethics & The Northwood Idea
- Northwood News
- Contribute to Northwood
- Information Technology at NU
- Financial Aid
- Bill Pay
- Student Life
- Study Abroad
- Where to stay when visiting Northwood University
Documents Needed For Filling Out The FAFSA
- Student's Social Security Number
- Parent's Social Security Number
- Driver's License
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen, Alien Registration number
- Federal tax information or tax return forms
- Student W2 form
- Spouses W2 form if married
- Parents W2 if providing parent information
Introducing the Northwood University
Family Program and Parents’ Committee:
The Northwood University Family Program recognizes that students and the University succeed when families are engaged in the life of the University. The program is a project of the Advancement and Alumni Relations Department, which serves to meet the philanthropic needs of the University and to support Northwood students as they navigate college life and prepare for graduation.
The Parent Committee is a part of the Family Program and exists to support incoming students and the Northwood University student body. Parents of Northwood students comprise the committee and are passionate advocates of Northwood University. The objectives of the Parent Committee are to:
- Foster relationships with families of prospective and current students
- Aid in recruitment of future Northwood University students
- Provide feedback and guidance on special projects
- Help with University - approved fundraising projects
- Make annual leadership gifts
- Welcome incoming students and their families to Northwood University
For more information about The Northwood Family Program, please contact Sherri Riepma at 989.837.4146, or by email at email@example.com.