Adult Degree Program
- Alpena, Michigan*
- Bay City, Michigan*
- Flint, Michigan*
- Gaylord, Michigan*
- Grand Rapids, Michigan*
- Lansing, Michigan*
- Livonia, Michigan*
- Macomb, Michigan
- Midland, Michigan*
- Saginaw, Michigan*
- Selfridge, Michigan (Military)*
- Troy, Michigan*
- Cedar Hill, Texas*
- Fort Worth, Texas (Military)*
- New Orleans, Louisiana*
* Some coursework is only available online
Do you know the difference between someone with a great idea and someone who turns their idea into a great business opportunity? One is an average Joe and the other is an entrepreneur. If you’ve seen The Social Network, you know the impact young entrepreneurs can have on the world is huge, and the reward can actually be as big as your dreams.
For some, the entrepreneurial bug bites at a very young age. You may have started in elementary school with a home-made lemonade stand. In middle school you may have moved up to raking yards, babysitting, or building websites for extra cash. Chances are, you’ve always been goal-oriented and ambitious.
If you’re motivated by the idea of one day bringing your ideas to life, of creating a product, service, or company, of being your own boss—and of course of being in control of your own profits—Entrepreneurship at Northwood University is the program for you.
A Degree that Works
B.Y.O.B.—At Northwood, this means "Be Your Own Boss."
Because entrepreneurship offers so many career avenues, your employment opportunities are compounded. Whether launching a small-business start-up or running a non-profit organization, managing a family-owned business or leading innovation as a corporate entrepreneur, revolutionizing an industry or creating a new one altogether—Northwood is the place to begin.
You will find our students and graduates as inventors or owners of:
- Avocado, Inc.
- Caveman Bob's Paleo Brands, LLC
- Clarity Consulting and Design, LLC
- Dynamisis, LLC
- Experience Marketing, Inc.
- Element of Nutrition
- Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited
- George Kappaz LCSW Individual and Family Psychotherapy
- Gladcounts, LLC
- Great Lakes Marketing of Michigan, Inc.
- ISA REPS
- Jiggee Event Management, Malaysia
- JR Turnbull Communications, LLC
- LaFontaine Automotive Group
- Les Stanford Chevrolet
- MillieBea's & The Woodbridge Gypsey Den & Tea Room
- Nelson Automotive
- Paxahau Event Productions, Inc.
- Purple Turtle Jewelry
- Silver Lake Resort Campground
- The White Dress
- T.H.I.S. Corporation
- Wright-Books 4U
Education in Action
We're all about supporting and celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit. In fact, it's part of Northwood's business philosophy. So if you feel you're exploding with entrepreneurial potential, Northwood can help put your passion to the test.
Not only does our curriculum cover everything you need to know about starting your own company or managing a family-owned business, Northwood further supports entrepreneurially-minded students by:
- Offering Entrepreneurs-In-Residence, business support, and mentoring.
- Presenting entrepreneurial roundtables.
- Providing special workshops and training opportunities covering everything from protecting intellectual property to learning from other successful entrepreneurs.