We provide career planning assistance to Northwood University traditional, Adult Degree Program, and DeVos Graduate School of Management students, as well as alumni. The Career Assistance Center is available to assist you with career exploration, confident and professional self-marketing, and developing successful job search techniques.
The Career Assistance Center provides a number of career-related activities and events including an annual Career Expo (spring), Experience, Optimal Resume, on-campus interviews, a mentor program, along with special events and a variety of workshops. Information on the Texas Campus mentor program can be accessed through this link: Knights Career Quest. If you are interested, please follow the instructions for submitting your application.Career Expo | Career Services Offered | Employer Information
- Career Expo: on-campus interviews, company presentations, employment advising
resume critiquing, internship search assistance
- Skills Assessments: Career and educational planning assessment through Career Transitions. Access is available in MyNorthwood through the Career Services Organization or the Library Tab/Career Resources.
- Experience: Online job database network (eRecruiting) | Registration Form | Register User Log-In
- O*Net: Online database is a comprehensive source of descriptions and skill sets for specific occupations.
- Internships.com: works with hundreds of students globally to assist all internship needs. Access code required and is available on Blackboard Career Services Organization.
- Optimal Resume: This easy-to-use online software allows students to quickly and effortlessly create essential professional documents such as resumes and job search letters along with portfolio and website builders, interview preparation, and skill assessment. Website available on Blackboard under Career Services Organization. NU email address is required.
- What Can I Do With This Major? When students ask, "What can I do with my major?" We can help! This program allows students to explore career opportunities by major. Printed copies are available in the Career Assistance Center and electronic versions available via our Career Assistance Center Organization on Blackboard.
- Career Coaching Seminars
Click the links below to launch the Career Coaching Seminar videos
Businesses of all sizes are welcome to meet, interview, and hire high quality Northwood University candidates. Whether you are seeking interns, entry level new graduates, or seasoned managers, Northwood University can assist you in your search.
- Post Open Positions & Internship Opportunities using Experience. All postings are accessible to all Northwood students and alumni. There is no fee to post open positions. Please contact Career Services to register.
- Send A Job To Career Services. Employers can self-post jobs to the eRecruiting network. However, employers may also wish to submit job postings to Career Services. Career Services then can refer students directly to you. To send a job posting to Career Services, please complete the Job Posting Form.
- On-Campus Interviews & Visits. Career Services encourages employers to visit campus for individualized recruiting and networking days. The Career Services staff will work with you to coordinate on-campus interviews. Faculty often invite company representatives into classes to present on pertinent business topics. Company presentations can be arranged prior to interviews.
Counseling by appointment only.
Career Services Director