Learning Resource Center
Discover Your Path to Academic Success!
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) provides a variety of programs & services to help students succeed and excel at Northwood University. All enrolled students are encouraged to participate in these free programs and services, regardless of current class status or level of achievement.
- Tutoring in Accounting, Economics, Math, and Writing
- ESL/English assistance for limited English proficient students
- Success Study Sessions to help students learn effective time management, study, and test-taking strategies and to help them build solid life-long learning habits
- Success Appointments for individual students who want to work on specific Success Skills on a short-term basis
- LRC on Blackboard, which students can access anytime to see LRC Hours, Tutoring Schedule, Online Tutoring Resources, Study and Writing Tips, and other resources
- Success Writing Appointments & Workshops
Hopkins Building, Room 101
Hours of Operation
LRC is open 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., Monday through Sunday
LRC Director hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Tutoring times vary by subject and are posted on the LRC Organization page on Blackboard (my.northwood.edu), in the LRC, on bulletin boards, and in e-mails.
Writing and Success appointments are set on an individual basis.
Michael Brinkley, Learning Resource Center Director
Marcy Rodsky, ESL/English Specialist
Peer Tutors, selected for their academic achievements, friendly personalities, and ability to help students