The Entrepreneurship Concentration focuses on business enterprise models and entrepreneurial bases. By combining a rigorous academic curriculum, leadership development, experiential learning, and relationships with industry leaders, graduates prepare to become tomorrow's entrepreneurs.
Experience Free Enterprise
Northwood University was founded on the principle that America's free enterprise system, together with an entrepreneurial spirit, can create a bigger pie for all to share. We believe the entrepreneurial spirit can and should be taught to all generations, as it is the foundation of a free society. 25% of Northwood University graduates are business owners within a few years after graduation.
Entrepreneurs lead innovation and change. Entrepreneurs manage the risks that are essential for a prosperous economy. Northwood honors the triumphs of entrepreneurs by cultivating a new generation of achievers that are ready to launch their own enterprises.
- More than 90 percent of all business enterprises in the United States are family-owned, and 35 percent of Fortune 500 companies are family firms.
- The greatest part of American's wealth lies with family-owned businesses.
- All Northwood University students receive a no-cost subscription to the Wall Street Journal.
- The leadership of 43 percent of family businesses will change by 2010. One quarter of all family firms expect their next CEO to be a woman. The average life span of a family owned business is just 24 years.
- Family businesses account for 78 percent of all new jobs, 60 percent of the national employment, 50 percent of the gross domestic product, and 65 percent of all wages paid.
Sample Course Guides
Office: Butler Building