Northwood University urges students to seize the many opportunities offered and start building a happy and rewarding life from your first day on campus. We encourage students to become involved in a myriad of activities and events. This is the place to start building your network.
The mission of Timberwolf Recreation is to provide recreation services, programs, and facilities for the Northwood University community with emphasis on meeting student needs. Timberwolf Recreation strives to contribute to the physical, mental, and social development of our users by offering programs and services in an environment that encourages diversity, promotes healthy lifestyles, and provides productive leadership opportunities.
For the Fit of It
The Hach Student Life Center offers members state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. The Hach offers:
- A Fitness Center complete with Cybex circuit strength-training pieces, free weights, and training benches, cross trainers, treadmills, stair climbers, upright and recumbent bikes. The Center is also equipped with televisions. The Fitness Center staff is trained in the operation of the cardiovascular and strength equipment and can help answer any questions that you may have regarding a machine.
- Weight training facility includes free weights, ProMaxima equipment, and power racks.
- Intramural team sport leagues - basketball, volleyball, flag football, ping-pong, dodge ball, and so much more.
Hach Student Life Center Membership
All Northwood University current students, faculty, staff, and retirees are eligible for a free membership to the HACH Student Life Center. Students and faculty are automatically set-up with memberships and additional memberships are available with the following rates:
- Current Northwood University extended family of student/faculty/staff: $180/year
- Daily Pass $5.00
- Alumni rate: $100/per year
- Alumnus and family: $250/year
- Individual rate per person: $250/year
- Family rate: $350/year
- Basketball court reservation: $55.00/hour*
- Dance Room/Wellness reservation $45.00/hour*
- Contact Facilities and Events Director for Pamela & Daniel DeVos center rates
*based off availability and reservations booked with the Director of Facilities and Events.
Note: Once a membership card is issued, it must be presented along with a picture ID in order to enter the facility. Children 16 years and under do not need a picture ID; however, they must present their membership card and have an adult present.
The year membership is good for an entire calendar year, not a school year, meaning June-June or September-September.
Hours of Operation
Academic Year Hours
Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. | Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. | Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. | Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.| Sunday: 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Facility hours vary during holidays and final exam weeks. Open hours do not guarantee that a certain activity area is free during that time due to group reservations. Please check with the Service Desk for an update on facility hours and activity area availability. Service Desk: (989) 837-5244
When purchasing a membership (other than a day pass) please go to the business office in Lower Miner to pay for the membership. After payment, bring the receipt to the Service Desk at the Hach to obtain a membership card.
Students that have lost their card will have to go down to the business office in Lower Miner and bring a receipt of $35 to print a replacement card. Students with a defective ID that doesn't work or is chipped or broken can have a new ID made for them, free of charge.
The Hach Student Life Center hosts special events for groups and individuals. We can work with groups to set up recreational activities and all-nighters. In addition to our recreation facilities, to better serve your needs we have two meeting rooms, an outdoor courtyard, the Wolf Den Cafe, and a lounge area with network connections and a big screen television.
With competitive rates and outstanding customer service, make Northwood University your next group outing facility. For more information or to set up your outing, please contact us at 989.837.5244.
Beyond the natural beauty and warmth of Florida's east shoreline, Northwood University's campus is host to many recreational programs and facilities available for your enjoyment. Northwood University offers recreational programs including intramural sports programs, fitness classes, tournaments, and much more. Intramural sports include: flag football, dodgeball, softball, basketball, sand volleyball, kickball and more.
The Maureen L. & David H. Smith Student Recreation Complex is home to many of our recreational facilities and amenities including:
- Outdoor Basketball Court
- Outdoor Racquetball Courts
- Outdoor Tennis Courts
- Outdoor Tiki Hut
- Outdoor Sand Volleyball Court
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
The beautiful Countess de Hoernle Student Life Center (SLC) is the proud home of the Northwood University Seahawks. The Student Life Center offers a variety of indoor facilities including:
- The Valarie & Dan Young Multipurpose Room / Aerobic Room
- The Richard and Helen DeVos Fitness Center
- The Arthur W. & Renee T. Silvester Conference Room / Student Government Office
- The Richard & Helen DeVos Conference Room
- The Friends of Northwood Palm Beach Chapter Classroom - 123
- The Vecellio Family Classroom - 127
- The Weitz Company Classroom - 128
- The Mullinax Family Classroom - 129
- The Pledger Family Hospitality Room
- The Mr. & Mrs. Stephen C. Moore Athletic Training Facility
- The Mullinax Family Offices (Student Services and Athletics)
SLC Building Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
SLC Fitness Center Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Hours for the Building and Fitness Center may vary during exam weeks, holidays and the summer months. Changes will be posted in the Student Life Center.