Happy New Year
On Sunday, January 1 we will welcome the arrival of the New Year. Like Hanukkah and Christmas before it, the New Year is a time of celebration, reflection, and planning.
As members of the Northwood University community we have many reasons to celebrate, including the continued growth and refinement of our mission to educate the future leaders of a global, free market society.
Highlights of our achievements this year include:
- Growth of our undergraduate and DeVos graduate degree offerings, including online, as well as our experiential and scholarly learning opportunities.
- Service awards for 62 of our colleagues, 16 of whom have 20 or more years with Northwood, including Michigan dean of students Larry Lindsey who celebrated his 40 year anniversary in 2011.
- New recruitment initiatives such as Summer Enrollment and the Seamless Enrollment/Flexible Delivery plan that will be key elements of our future offerings.
- Enhanced student recruitment efforts involving Northwood alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
- Expansion and refinement of vital print, digital, and media marketing tools and collateral.
- Completion of key International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) accreditation benchmarks and continued “on schedule progress” of several others.
- Winner of the Young President’s Organization’s 2010 “Best of the Best Young Adult Event” (awarded February 2011) for our College Abroad program, “China’s Impact in the 21st Century.”
- The graduation of over 2,800 new leaders of the global, free-enterprise society from Northwood University.
I invite you to take time during the New Year break to truly look back upon these and our many other accomplishments in 2011. While it is only natural for us to have our eyes on our goals for 2012 we will be all the more successful to the extent that we savor our many “wins” and consider why we succeeded and how we can build on it in the coming year.
I also want to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to each and every one of you for your continual hard work and sacrifice. Because of you we have much to be thankful for in 2011 and even more to be hopeful about in 2012.
On behalf of everyone at Northwood University, I wish you and yours a happy and successful 2012.
Keith A. Pretty, J.D.
President and CEO
4000 Whiting Drive
Midland, MI 48640