Keep Off The Freshman 15
The mission of Timberwolf Recreation is to provide recreation services, programs, and facilities for the Northwood University community with emphasis on meeting student needs. Timberwolf Recreation strives to contribute to the physical, mental, and social development of our users by offering programs and services in an environment that encourages diversity, promotes healthy lifestyles, and provides productive leadership opportunities.
For the Fit of It
The Hach Student Life Center offers members state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. The Hach offers:
- A Fitness Center complete with Cybex circuit strength-training pieces, free weights, and training benches, cross trainers, treadmills, stair climbers, upright and recumbent bikes. The Center is also equipped with televisions. The Fitness Center staff is trained in the operation of the cardiovascular and strength equipment and can help answer any questions that you may have regarding a machine.
- Weight training facility includes free weights, ProMaxima equipment, and power racks.
- Intramural team sport leagues - basketball, volleyball, flag football, and so much more.
- An Aquatics Center.
Hach Student Life Center Membership
All Northwood University students, faculty, staff, retirees, and their immediate family members (children 18 and under) are eligible for free membership to the Hach Student Life Center. Students and faculty are automatically set-up with memberships and additional memberships are available at the Service Desk in the following packages:
- NU extended family of student/faculty/staff: $180/year or $60/term
- Alumnus and spouse: $150/year or $55/term
- Alumnus and family: $200/year or $75/term
- Note: Once a membership card is issued, it must be presented along with a picture ID in order to enter the facility. Children 16 years and under do not need a picture ID; however, they must present their membership card and have an adult present.
Hours of Operation
Academic Year Hours
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. | Saturday: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. | Sunday: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. | Saturday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.| Sunday: 10 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Facility hours vary during holidays and final exam weeks. Open hours do not guarantee that a certain activity area is free during that time due to group reservations. Please check with the Service Desk for an update on facility hours and activity area availability.
The Hach Student Life Center hosts special events for groups and individuals. We can work with groups to set up recreational activities and all-nighters. In addition to our recreation facilities, to better serve your needs we have two meeting rooms, an outdoor courtyard, the Wolf Den Cafe, and a lounge area with network connections and a big screen television.
With competitive rates and outstanding customer service, make Northwood University your next group outing facility. For more information or to set up your outing, please contact us at 989.837.5244.
Hach Student Life Center
4000 Whiting Drive
Midland, MI 48640
Terry Lynch, Director