Midland is home to world-class companies and excellent cultural experiences. It is located less than two hours from metro Detroit and the major sporting and entertainment venues the Motor City offers. The Great Lakes Bay region is a very vibrant part of Michigan for people of all ages.
- In Downtown Midland you will find dining, shopping, and a vibrant night life.
- Sports fans will enjoy watching the Great Lakes Loons, the Single-A Affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers, at the world-class Dow Diamond.
- Hockey and skating enthusiasts will enjoy exceptional public skating rinks.
- Canoeing and kayaking takes place on nearby rivers and lakes.
- A BMX track and skate park is also near campus.
- Festivals, concerts, theatre performances, and exhibitions take place all year.
- The 30-mile Rail-Trail (adjacent to our campus) offers beautiful scenery along its path for jogging, biking, blading, and cross-country skiing.
- The Tridge, a three-legged footbridge and nature area where the Tittabawassee and Chippewa Rivers come together, is only a few blocks from the center of town.
- Dow Gardens and Whiting Forest are celebrated for their floral abundance.
- The United States Tennis Association named Midland, Michigan the number one tennis town in the country in 2010.
- Midland received national recognition again when it received the “100 Best Communities for Young People” award sponsored by America’s Promise - The Alliance for Youth in 2009 and 2010.
- In 2010 Business Facilities Magazine ranked Midland, Michigan 3rd in the nation for “Top 10 Alternative Energy Industry Leaders.”
- Forbes ranked Midland, Michigan 4th in the country for the “Best Places to Raise a Family” based on things like affordability, education, and jobs in 2010.
- In 2010 Business Facilities Magazine ranked Midland, Michigan 3rd in the nation for “Economic Growth Potential.”
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn College of Business identified Midland as among the “2009 Top Performers at Attracting and Retaining Entrepreneurial Firms.”
Visit www.visitgreatlakesbay.org to learn more about Midland Michigan!