- Alumnus Applies Northwood Experience Towards Career in Education
9/19/2013 11:12:34 AM
Now an educator, Florida alumnus Gary Peirce applies his marketing, negotiating, management, human resource, and communication abilities towards effectively managing his team.
- Syrian Crisis, Illegal Immigration: Professor Shares Insight
8/29/2013 3:49:28 PM
Northwood University faculty experts serve as valuable media resources.
- Crossing Over Ceremony Symbolizes Positive Transitions
8/29/2013 3:38:42 PM
The ceremony welcomed students from approximately 27 countries and 48 states.
- Florida Hosts Over 400 Instructors at Career and Technical Education Workshop
8/23/2013 10:07:21 AM
The event held special meaning for a Northwood employee
who reconnected with his high school mentor.
- Alumna's Invention a Result of Faith, Tenacity, More
8/14/2013 9:43:51 AM
Having advanced to the top of Walmart's "Get on the Shelf" competition with her patent pending gift wrap invention, Florida alumna Kristy First exemplifies the Northwood Idea as she overcomes incredible challenges to pursue her dreams.
- Florida Governor's Latest Ranking: Professor Shares Expertise
8/8/2013 12:43:50 PM
The WPEC television interview centered around a report stating that Florida's Rick Scott is among the country's worst governors.
- Professor Applies Hands-On Experience Toward
8/2/2013 11:28:04 AM
Once deployed on a seismic research vessel, Florida professor Kevin Petrovsky has conducted geologic surveys on the ocean floor.
- Florida Expert Shares Insight Regarding Public Perception of Affordable Care Act
7/26/2013 12:00:12 PM
Professor Timothy Gilbert shared that the plan is difficult to understand and causing anxiety among many Americans.
- Alumnus Forms Non-Profit Thanks to Management Expertise,
Graduate Student Field Work Team
7/18/2013 12:56:11 PM
Reminded of the adage that opportunity is born of adversity, Florida alumnus Scott Smoliak recently founded a nonprofit group by tapping into his management knowhow and utilizing the resources of a Northwood University DeVos Graduate School of Management Field Work Team.
- Florida Appoints Susan Dennett as Academic Dean
7/11/2013 9:37:43 AM
Dennet first joined Northwood University as an adjunct professor of Human Resource Management in August, 2009.
- Early Orientation Activities Popular with Students, Parents
7/3/2013 9:08:50 AM
The events provide a strong foundation for both academic and extracurricular success.
- Florida President Shares Insight Relating to Bogus Tax Refunds
6/27/2013 9:05:40 AM
Known as 'go to' sources for media, Florida experts share expertise relating to a variety of headline stories.
- Professor "HAM's" It Up for Health, Fitness
6/25/2013 9:19:48 AM
The bi-annual 40-mile "Hike Across Maryland" takes place along the Appalachian Trail.
- Alumni Activities Encourage Networking, Foster Camaraderie
6/20/2013 10:00:36 AM
Northwood University Florida recently hosted its 3rd Annual Alumni Bowling Tournament.
- Incoming Students, Parents Benefit
from Professional College Advisory Sessions, More
6/13/2013 12:11:17 PM
With personalized attention still a priority, additional initiatives focus on strategic growth and helpful technological tools.
- Florida President & Faculty Serve as Valued Media Experts
6/7/2013 10:30:07 AM
Known as 'go to' sources for media, Florida experts share insight relating to a variety of headline stories, the most recent being government spending.
- Florida Appoints Adult Degree Program Center Manager
5/30/2013 8:53:22 AM
Regina Ricketts will manage all aspects of the program.
- Florida Salutatorian Thankful for Northwood's Professors, Focus on Cultural Awareness, Diversity
5/28/2013 3:07:37 PM
The honor student was drawn to Northwood because of its personalized attention.
- Alumna's Success Exemplifies Value of Academic Dedication, Internships
5/20/2013 10:48:58 AM
No stranger to hard work, the accounting graduate managed to maintain top knotch grades as a full-time student while working two jobs.
- Florida to Host India's Leading Technological Scientist
5/16/2013 3:41:23 PM
The event, presented by Indus Forum, will feature Dr. Sundar Manoharan who will describe the current and future landscape of technology.
- Palm Beach Resident Stephen A. Levin
Awarded Honorary Doctorate Degree
5/14/2013 9:54:33 AM
The business leader shared his inspirational story with Northwood's graduates.
- Florida Valedictorian Lancelot Darville Credits Faith, Parents, Professors for Success
5/10/2013 10:39:19 AM
- Clyde Lear is Awarded Northwood University's Honorary Doctorate Degree, Serves as Commencement Speaker
5/10/2013 9:29:49 AM
The Florida commencement ceremony took place Tuesday, May 7th.
- Dad First of Three Family Members to Graduate from Northwood
5/7/2013 3:22:13 PM
College is a Family Affair for Three Thompkins Family Members – All Enrolled at Northwood Florida.
- Triplets Graduate College Together, Earn MBA Degrees
5/3/2013 11:05:27 AM
The trio from Forest Hill, Maryland will be managing their parents Bel Air family business beginning in August.
- Florida Junior Places 2nd in International DECA Competition
5/3/2013 10:25:24 AM
Student members leverage their DECA experiences to become academically prepared, community oriented, and professionally responsible leaders.
- Florida's Commencement Ceremony to Feature Speaker Clyde Lear,
Award Honorary Doctor of Laws Degrees
5/1/2013 1:04:02 PM
The ceremony will take place on Tuesday, May 7th at Northwood University Florida's Countess de Hoernle Student Life Center.
- Florida Experts Share Insight Relating to Food Stamp Fraud, Corporate Downsizing, More
5/1/2013 10:48:19 AM
As proposed political policies are debated, media demand for expert advice continues.
- Students Experience Judicial Process First-Hand
4/29/2013 10:38:36 AM
The Introduction to American Government class attended
visited several court sessions.
- Etiquette Lessons Help Students Gain Competitive Advantage
4/24/2013 12:11:01 PM
The event included interactive exercises designed to create meaninful first impressions.
- Earth Day Events Highlight Environmental Conservation
4/24/2013 11:19:21 AM
Student presentations included environmental issues affecting food,
transportation, energy usage and more.
- Entrepreneurial Pitch Competition Spurs Creativity
4/24/2013 9:39:27 AM
The event unveiled several resourceful opportunities.
- Dr. Stehouwer Shares Insight Relating to Boston Marathon Tragedy
4/18/2013 11:16:52 AM
As possibilities of international terrorism are investigated, South Florida's CBS affiliate turned to Northwood political scientist Dr. Kristin Stehouwer for insight.
- Professor Advises Procrastinators Regarding U.S. Tax Deadline
4/18/2013 9:33:29 AM
In the United States, Tax Day has typically fallen on April 15. For those filing a U.S. tax return but living outside the United States and Puerto Rico, Tax Day has typically fallen on June 15, due to the two-month automatic extension granted to filers by IRS Publication 54.
- Working with Indians Globally:
Expert Devendranath Chowdary to Share Insight
4/17/2013 12:21:00 PM
The event, held in partnership with IndUS Forum will take place Thursday, May 9th, at Northwood University Florida.
- Northwood Florida Recognizes Outstanding Alumni
4/16/2013 3:53:27 PM
The honorees lauded their Northwood professors while sharing how the Northwood Idea has influenced their current success.
- Florida President Reflects on Thatcher's Impact, Legacy
4/11/2013 2:28:49 PM
Dr. Tom Duncan shared insight as to why Thatcher was a pivotal force in the promotion of a free-market economy with viewers of WPEC, South Florida's CBS affiliate.
- Students Experience Legislative Process First-Hand
4/11/2013 1:57:38 PM
The Introduction to American Government class attended
a West Palm Beach City Commission Meeting.
- Florida Graduates Prepare for Careers in a Variety of Fields
4/2/2013 3:15:01 PM
Corporations often turn to Northwood before posting positions publicly.
- University of the Aftermarket to Add Second Catalog Data Standards Seminar
4/1/2013 3:08:27 PM
- Advisor and Learning Specialist Help Students Jump-Start Educational Goals
4/1/2013 1:54:40 PM
The recent appointments further enhance learning opportunities.
- Government Spends More on Disability than Food Stamps, Welfare Combined
3/28/2013 1:30:48 PM
Duncan Shares Perspective with CBS
- Commissioner Shares Experiences with American Government Students
3/27/2013 10:48:45 AM
The freshman legislator candidly described the race, strains of negative campaigning.
- Florida Reflects on History, Values at Founders' Day Celebration
3/22/2013 10:53:06 AM
Guests had the opportunity to reminisce about the university's early years and were reminded of its values.
- Registration Now Open for 12 University of the Aftermarket Online Courses for Industry Professionals
3/21/2013 2:16:15 PM
- University of the Aftermarket to Present "Aftermarket 101"
Program for New Aftermarket Employees
3/21/2013 11:32:23 AM
- Northwood Florida to Recognize Outstanding Alumni
3/21/2013 9:32:56 AM
The event will be held Friday, April 5th.
- Florida to Welcome Malcolm Pray as Founders' Day Keynote Speaker
3/13/2013 10:00:02 AM
The event will be held Thursday, March 21st.
- Reporter Shares Impact of Media on Government
3/13/2013 9:20:37 AM
Introduction to American Government students recently had the opportunity to gain insight from political reporter George Bennett.
- Students to Highlight Traffic Safety Campaign with Interactive Games for Kids
3/8/2013 12:13:26 PM
The event, designed to raise community awareness, is inspired by a former classmate.
- Northwood Florida's DECA Students Earn Record Awards
3/6/2013 1:01:41 PM
The group also represented the largest population increase of club membership at the Florida state competition.
- Duncan Shares Perspective Regarding Sequestration
2/28/2013 9:45:20 AM
As the budget cut deadline looms, automatic cuts may soon occur.
- Auto Show of the Palm Beaches to Feature Ford Mustang Boss
2/27/2013 3:25:08 AM
Powered at over 440 horse power, The Boss is labeled the pinnacle of Mustang peformance.
- Northwood University Florida's Office of Admissions
Embraces Exciting Strategic Plan
2/22/2013 10:27:30 AM
Additional staff members are welcomed.
- What Your Workspace Reveals About You
2/22/2013 9:57:55 AM
Florida professor shares insight with NBC television viewers.
- Northwood's Auto Show Panel to Focus on Ethics in Business, Emerging Industry Trends
2/19/2013 4:28:12 PM
Students look forward to hearing from South Florida experts.
- Auto Show of the Palm Beaches to Feature Ford's First Plug-In Electric Hybrid
2/13/2013 12:37:16 PM
The event will be held at Northwood University Florida March 1st - 3rd.
- Supervisor of Elections Shares Importance of Voting Procedures, Processes
2/13/2013 12:31:18 PM
Susan Bucher stressed the importance of precision under pressure.
- Northwood Florida to Celebrate Silver Anniversary Auto Show
2/8/2013 9:34:50 AM
The milestone will mark 25 years of innovation.
- Florida President, Students Discuss Proposed Immigration Reform
2/1/2013 12:43:50 PM
A bipartisan group has agreed on basic legislation.
- Outstanding Business Leaders Leave Lasting Impression
1/24/2013 2:33:41 PM
Students gain from their hands-on experiences, wisdom and encouragement.
- Northwood Florida Welcomes Slovak Ambassador
1/24/2013 10:07:42 AM
Ambassador Kmec shared an economic overview and forecast for the Slovak Republic.
- Florida President Weighs in on Possible Gun Control Executive Orders
1/18/2013 12:27:33 PM
Dr. Tom Duncan expects Congressional inaction; notes politics of 2016 election.
- Over 400 Local High School Students Compete in Business Competitions at Northwood Florida
1/18/2013 11:49:02 AM
- University of the Aftermarket Announces Next 'Heavy Duty Leadership' Class for 2013
1/8/2013 2:03:33 PM
- Duncan Shares Perspective Regarding Fiscal Cliff Agreement
1/3/2013 3:20:56 PM
Among his comments: "Both Republicans and Democrats got something from the deal."