Core Values Statement
We believe in:
- the advantages of an entrepreneurial, free-enterprise society.
- individual freedom and individual responsibility.
- functioning from a foundation of ethics and integrity.
- promoting and leveraging the global, diverse and multi-cultural nature of enterprise.
Core Purpose Statement
The core purpose is to develop leaders, managers, and entrepreneurs with the character and skills to drive personal, organizational and societal success.
By Dr. Richard Ebeling
The Declaration of Independence, proclaimed by members of the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, is the founding document of the American experiment in free government. What is too often forgotten is that what the Founding Fathers argued against in the Declaration was the heavy and intrusive hand of big government.
The Impact of a Federal Minimum Wage Increase: Fallout Could Cripple Job Growth for Young and Unskilled Workers and Hurt Specific Business Sectors
By Keith Pretty, President and CEO of Northwood University; Tim Nash, Fry Endowed Professor in Economics at Northwood University; Rich Studley, President and CEO of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce; and Bob Thomas, Director of Operations for the Michigan Chamber of Commerce
2014 CEO Resolutions
Dow Leading in Turbulent Times
By Dr. Timothy G. Nash
The transition from a company caught in the midst of an economic perfect storm in 2009, to the transformation of The Dow Chemical Company of today was nothing short of remarkable...Read More
2013 Michigan Economic Competitiveness Study
Monthly Economic Outlook
The Northwood University Monthly Economic Outlook is published on a monthly basis and is intended to provide a "snap-shot" of recent performance in the U.S. economy as well as a parallel outlook on trends in the global economy. The "NU Outlook" also attempts to address policy issues of national concern with thoughtful analysis and commentary.
The NU Monthly Economic Outlook may be reprinted or quoted from as long as proper credit is given to the University and said edition.
Subscribe by Email:
Contact Susan Woodcock
Economic Outlook 2014
- June / July 2014 Edition
- May / June 2014 Edition
- April / May 2014 Edition
- March / April 2014 Edition
- February 2014 Edition
- January 2014 Edition
Economic Outlook 2013
- December 2013 Edition
- November 2013 Edition
- October 2013 Edition
- September 2013 Edition
- August 2013 Edition
- July 2013 Edition
- June 2013 Edition
- May 2013 Edition
- April 2013 Edition
- March 2013 Edition
- February 2013 Edition
- January 2013 Edition
Economic Outlook 2012
- December 2012 Edition
- November 2012 Edition
- October 2012 Edition
- September 2012 Edition
- August 2012 Edition
- July 2012 Edition
- June 2012 Edition
- May 2012 Edition
- April 2012 Edition
- March 2012 Edition
- February 2012 Edition
- January 2012 Edition
Economic Outlook 2011
- December 2011 Edition
- November 2011 Edition
- October 2011 Edition
- September 2011 Edition
- August 2011 Edition
- July 2011 Edition
- June 2011 Edition
- May 2011 Edition
- April 2011 Edition
- March 2011 Edition
- February 2011 Edition
- January 2011 Edition
Economic Outlook 2010
Can Capitalism and the American Dream Survive?
Written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash, Adam N. Matzke, Dr. Keith A. Pretty, and Dr. Richard M. Ebeling
- 2012 Texas Economic Competitiveness Study prepared for the Michigan Chamber Foundation
- 2012 Michigan Economic Competitiveness Study prepared for the Michigan Chamber Foundation
- Dr. Timothy Nash's interview on the Tim Doctor Show (mp3 file)
- Forum: Too many exceptions to 'American Exceptionalism' written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash and Dr. Keith A. Pretty
- Can Capitalism and the American Dream Survive written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash, Adam N. Matzke, Dr. Keith A. Pretty, and Dr. Richard M. Ebeling
- A Fixed Operations Technology Research Project written by James McCurley, Nicholas Jackson, Marc-Andr Roy, and Sean Robinson
- Let's Win One for the Gipper written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash, Dr. Keith A. Pretty, and Dr. Kristin K. Stehouwer
- The national debt: A time for truth and leadership written by Dr. Kevin G. Fegan, Dr. Timothy G. Nash, and Dr. Keith A. Pretty
- Dr. Timothy Nash's interview with Paul W. Smith (mp3 file)
- The Need for Reason and Bi-Partisan Cooperation to Ensure the American Dream, written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash and Dr. Keith A. Pretty .
- Who Do We Work For?, written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash and Dr. Keith A. Pretty.
- A Kennedy/Reagan-style Stimulus Package, written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash and Dr. Keith A. Pretty.
- American History, Capitalism and the Crisis on Wall Street, written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash and Dr. Debasish Chakraborty.
- U.S. Health Care: A Call for Time and Debate, Not Action, written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash, Dr. Keith A. Pretty, and Mr. Will Freeland. The whitepaper originally appeared in the November 7 & 8 edition of the Midland Daily News as a two part series.
- Analysis of Current Michigan Public Policy, written by Dr. Timothy Nash and Dr. Keith A. Pretty for the Ash Institute at Harvard University.
- Learn more about Dr. Richard Ebeling and read Northwood University faculty blog: In Defense of Capitalism
- In Defense of Profits (Little Red Hen Essay), written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash and William L. E. Freeland.
- A Walk with a Giant, written by Dr. Timothy G. Nash and Dr. Keith A. Pretty.
The papers contained on this site are the property of Northwood University and/or the author(s). Permission to reprint or use for purposes of mass distribution, commerce or profit must be granted by Northwood University and/or the author(s).
Dr. Timothy G. Nash
Vice President Strategic and Corporate Alliances
Fry Endowed Chair in Free Market Economics
In Defense of Capitalism, Volume III
In Defense of Capitalism is an annual anthology dedicated to the values and principles of a free and moral society written by the faculty, staff, students, and friends of Northwood University. It reflects the University’s belief in free market economics and the positive role capitalism and entrepreneurship played in the American founding and in the enhancement of human progress around the world.
For ordering information:
AAIA/Northwood University Economic Report