Information Technology at Northwood University is providing Microsoft Office to every student and employee FREE of charge. This means the latest version of the full Office productivity suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more available for offline and online use to best prepare you for class. As long as you are a current student or employee here, and the program continues, you'll be able to use this software for free.
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
- Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- Gain valuable skills on the world's most popular productivity software
- Use the same programs as your professors to ensure full file fidelity
For PC and Mac:
- Visit https://portal.microsoftonline.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx
- Type in your Northwood email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your my.northwood.edu password
- You should land on the Office page. Select a Language and press the Install button.
After installation, you will be prompted to activate. Choose the second option (log in with your subscription). Enter your email@example.com and click next. Choose the second option, organizational account, then enter your Northwood password. The activation should complete. (Note: The activation may pop up again, occasionally. Simply login again using this same process.)
(Office installs the 32-bit version on your PC by default, even if your computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you are unsure which version of Office you should install, see Which version is best for me?)
For iOS and Android:
- Download from your app store
- Sign in with your school credentials for full editing capability