Why choose to study abroad?
Making a decision to explore the world beyond the borders of the United States can be a crucial step in your life. Study abroad is an experience that will enrich you personally, professionally, and academically. There is no amount of classroom experience that simulates or replaces traveling abroad. Study abroad develops a level of maturity and self-confidence enhancing any student's personal and professional skill set.
Northwood University is pleased to offer a number of exchange and group study abroad opportunities to students. Northwood is committed to expanding the number of opportunities and programs.
Information & Study Abroad Programs
Students registering for study abroad programs *must* have a valid passport to participate in the programs. Passport applications can take 4-6 weeks to process. Northwood recommends you apply NOW for upcoming study abroad programs. You can get passport information by clicking the button to the right or visit: travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html. Students need passports "in hand" by the application deadline.
General eligibility for Study Abroad programs
- Be in sophomore standing. Transfer students must have completed the equivalent of 30 semester hours and one semester at NU.
- Be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above)
- Have met course prerequisites for academic credit offered with the study abroad programs.
- Read each program thoroughly as each program may have additional and/or more requirements.
- Application, faculty recommendation and course substitution for are required for each program.
Ms. Linda Dick
International Programs Coordinator