DeVos Graduate School looks for candidates with an array of qualities including:
- All industries and all educational backgrounds.
- 0 to 30+ years of management experience.
- MSOL Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- High achievers, innovative thinkers, motivators, and entrepreneurs.
- Diversity is an important element of the DeVos experience because learning involves understanding and appreciating various viewpoints.
- DeVos looks for individuals who are risk takers, and people who are willing to transform their organizations and their lives.
Candidates are evaluated on what they have achieved and what they aspire to achieve. We help find a "fit" within the DeVos programs.
Individuals who want to be considered for one of the DeVos MBA programs or the DeVos MSOL program must hold a four-year, U.S. baccalaureate degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
While no particular undergraduate major is preferred over others, students should possess dexterity with mathematics and quantitative components such as finance, accounting, economics, and statistics.
To be considered for admissions, a candidate must submit a complete portfolio for evaluation. A candidate's portfolio must consist of:
- DeVos MBA Online Application
- Current verifiable resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Official Undergraduate Transcripts more details
An official transcript from all undergraduate institutions attended, including the institution where a baccalaureate degree was awarded are required. Photocopies or student-issued transcripts are not acceptable for admission. You may submit an unofficial copy of your transcript for review; however, DeVos still requires an official transcript to make an admission decision.
To meet graduate school application deadlines, please allow adequate transcript processing time. Registrars should send official transcripts in sealed envelopes directly to the graduate school.
Office of Graduate Admissions
The Richard DeVos Graduate School of Management
4000 Whiting Drive
Midland, MI 48640-2398
- Professional College Advisory Session more details
Professional College Advisory Sessions consist of a 20-30 minute interview with a Northwood University Admissions Representative and a 20-30 minute writing sample exercise
Evening MBA applicants are required to submit an official copy of the employer's current tuition reimbursement policy.
If accepted, a commitment deposit will be required to confirm your space in the program. This non-refundable deposit will reserve your position in the class and will be applied toward your program expenses.
Optional Admission Material
- Official Graduate Management Admissions Test Score (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) more details
Northwood's GMAT Codes:
12-Month Daytime MBA (59P-X5-32)
24-Month Evening MBA (59P-X5-17)
Northwood's GRE Code: 4199
If you are interested in receiving the GMAT Merit Scholarship, the GMAT is an optional part of the admissions process. The GMAT is a standardized assessment delivered in English that helps business schools assess the qualifications of applicants for advanced study in business and management. The fee to take the GMAT is $250 (U.S. funds).
Visit www.mba.com for more GMAT information, including test center locations, test dates and registration instructions.
You may also take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test. The GRE General Test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking, and analytical writing skills. Your GRE score will be converted to a GMAT score to determine scholarship eligibility. The fee to the GRE is $140 (U.S. funds).
Visit www.ets.org/gre for more information, including test center locations, test dates and registration instructions.
- Application for Financial Aid more details
School Code: 004072
U.S. citizen applicants only
- Application for DeVos Private Donor Scholarships
- Letters of Recommendation more details
DeVos suggests that the letters come from someone who knows you professionally. Examples include a letter from your supervisor, a letter from a manager in another department within your organization, or a faculty member from your undergraduate institution. Letters of recommendation can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via mail.
International Student Criteria
International students who are applying need to submit all of the above if applicable and will also need to submit the following:
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores if English is not your native language more details
Applicants whose native language is not English and who have earned a degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. school or institution abroad, where curriculum is taught in English, may be exempt from the TOEFL requirement. (This exception does not apply to the accelerated 12 month MBA program.)
An acceptable score for TOEFL is: 550 (written), 213 (computer based) or 80+ (Internet based) and 7.0 band for IELTS.
For any international student, additional demonstration of English proficiency may be required.
- Certification of Finances Form with Official Bank Verification
- Foreign National Form Required for issuance of I-20
- Copy of your Passport