We provide career planning assistance to Northwood University traditional students, Adult Degree Program students, as well as alumni. The Career Services Office is available to assist you with career exploration, confident and professional self-marketing, and developing successful job search techniques. Developing these skills now will benefit you throughout your professional career.
The Career Services Office provides a number of career-related activities and events including an annual Company Preview Day & Virtual Career Fair, Career Fair, Business Etiquette Dinner Program, on-campus interviews, and professional workshops.
We look forward to helping you discover your dream job!
Career Services for Students & Alumni
Career Services follows a Career Development Plan and works in conjunction with faculty, the EXCEL office, and Alumni Services to provide comprehensive career planning and professional development opportunities. Visit the Career Services Office or call for an appointment.
Career Services offers the following programs and services:
- Experience - The Experience Network is Northwood's online job database. It is available to all Northwood University students and alumni. Registration for this program is required.
- OptimalResume - This easy-to-use online software that allows students to quickly and effortlessly create essential professional documents such as resumes and cover letters. A interview prep model is available to conduct taped interviews.
- Career Transitions - Career Transitions employs a simple, step-by-step approach to assist student and alumni users with: 1) Exploring new career possibilities; 2) Assessing interests and experiences of users; 3) Identifies ways to improve prospects, including networking and educational opportunities; 4) Preparation for a job search; 5) Searching and applying for jobs utilizing a comprehensive sort feature.
- On Campus Employment - You can find on campus employment on Blackboard under the Organization "Career Services and On Campus Employment". Click on "On Campus Job" and then "Students".
- Internships.com - Works with hundreds of students globally to assist in all internship needs.
- GoliathJobs.com - A web-based employment service connecting job seekers to employers via schools and alma maters.
- What Can I Do With this Major? - Students are asking, "What can I do with my major?" We can help! This program allows students to explore career opportunities by major. Printed copies are available in the Career Services Office.
- Job Choice Magazine: Now on-line at http://www.naceweb.org/knowledge/tools/job_search_tools/
- Resume and Cover Letter Review - Please schedule your appointment at 561.478.5506 or
- Mock Interviews - Please schedule your appointment at 561.478.5506 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional Resources - Please access the Career Services & On Campus Employment Organization on Blackboard. You will find:
- Resume Overview and Samples
- Cover Letter Overview and Samples
- Reference Samples
- Accept/Decline Offer Letters
- How to create a Career Portfolio
- 30-Second Commercial Information
- Interviewing and Business Etiquette Information
- Graduate School Information
- International Student Information
- Over 150 External Job Links
- Personal Career Counseling
- Career Library (Career Services Office and Cook Library)
- Career Coaching Seminars: click the links below to launch the Career Coaching Seminar video
Northwood University invites businesses of all sizes to participate in a variety of opportunities to meet, interview, and hire qualified Northwood students and graduates. Whether you are seeking interns, entry-level employees, or seasoned managers, Northwood University can assist you in your search.
- Post Open Positions & Internship Opportunities using Experience. All postings are accessible to all Northwood students and alumni. There is no fee to post open positions. Please contact Career Services to register.
- Send A Job To Career Services. Employers can self-post jobs to the Experience Network. However, employers may also wish to submit job postings to Career Services. Career Services then can refer students directly to you. To send a job posting to Career Services, please complete the Job Posting Form.
- On-Campus Interviews & Visits. Career Services encourages employers to visit campus for individualized recruiting and networking days. The Career Services staff will work with you to coordinate on-campus interviews. Faculty often invite company representatives into classes to present on pertinent business topics. Company presentations can be arranged prior to interviews.
- Principles for Employment Professionals
- Principles for Third Party Recruiters