Learning Resource Center
Discover Your Path to Academic Success!
The Learning Resource Center provides a variety of programs & services to help students succeed and excel at Northwood University. All enrolled students are encouraged to participate in these free programs and services, regardless of the current class status or level of achievement.
- Tutoring Labs in Accounting, Math, and Writing
- Course-Specific Study Groups in Accounting and other subjects
- LRC Success Groups to help students learn effective planning, study, test-taking strategies and to help them build solid life-long learning habits
- LRC Success Appointments for individual students who want to work on specific Success Skills on a short-term basis
- Rosetta Stone English Language Software for international students to improve English language skills
- LRC on Blackboard, which students can access anytime to see Tutoring Lab Hours, Study Tips and Techniques, Writing Tips, and other resources
- Success Workshops that provide quick access to study and writing skills
A full-time, nationally certified, Learning Center Director provides training and supervision for all LRC programs.
Staff members are Lab Specialists, selected for their expertise and teaching or tutoring experience, and Peer Tutors, selected for their academic achievements and friendly personalities.
All Lab Specialists and Peer Tutors receive a minimum of 10 hours of Level 1 tutor training based on national guidelines for tutor certification. Some have also achieved Level 2 or 3.
Dr. and Mrs. Peter C. Cook Library, First Floor, Turner Education Center
- The LRC Office is open 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday.
- Lab Hours vary by subject and are posted on my.northwood.edu, on bulletin boards, and in e-mails.
- Writing and Success Appointments are set on an individual basis.