- November 21, 2013
- 03:00 PM - 05:00 PM
- Adult Degree Program Alumni DeVos Graduate School Michigan Campus Northwood University
- Griswold Lecture Hall - Midland, Michigan Campus - 4000 Whiting Drive, Midland, MI 48640
In a true reflection of its free-market roots and mission, Northwood University will host Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) events Nov.14-21. The mission of the global GEW initiative is to provide the public the opportunity to “try on” entrepreneurship by engaging the business startup community in one’s city or town. Northwood’s GEW celebration is one of 35,000 such events hosted simultaneously in 125 countries.
Capping off its GEW events, Northwood will host a Family Enterprise Forum featuring a “who’s who” panel of notable Michigan entrepreneurs and family enterprise leaders on Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, from 3-5 p.m. in Griswold Lecture Hall. Moderated by Dr. Keith A. Pretty, Northwood University president and CEO, the panel discussion titled “The Successes and Challenges of Family Business” features:
- Jim Fabiano, Sr., Fabiano Brothers, Inc. (beer and wine sales and distribution)
- Nico Gatzaros, 400 Monroe Properties and America’s Green Line LED (hotel, real estate, restaurants and high efficient energy lighting sales)
- Beth Gresehover, GOTO Transport and Transit Solutions (trucking/logistics and software)
- Kathie Fuce-Hobohm, SPACE, Inc. (interior design and redesign)
- Joe Serra, The Serra Automotive Group (automobile sales, dealership operations and real estate management)
“The Center has a focused expertise in family enterprise, entrepreneurship and new business development,” stated Georgia Abbott, director of Northwood University’s Alden B. Dow Center for Enterprise & Creativity. “These events engage and contribute uniquely to the entrepreneurial eco-systems around our campuses and support our students, alumni and campus communities in free market-based programs.”
For Northwood University’s complete schedule of Global Entrepreneurship Week events, go to http://www.northwood.edu/gew/. To RSVP, contact the Alden B. Dow Center for Creativity & Enterprise at 989-837-4479 or email email@example.com.
- Related Links: