Food Service/Catering Policies
Our goal is to exceed your expectations. When you are planning your catering, please let us know of any special needs or requests so we can ensure a memorable event. Call our Catering Manager at 989.837.4277 to discuss any unique requirements. Northwood Universitys Catering Services adheres to the following policies:
- All food and beverage requests, both internal and external, must go through the NADA Catering Services.
- Groups on campus cannot hire other catering agencies or bring in their own food or beverages. Groups that do not adhere to this policy will be charged for all items brought onto campus.
- In accordance with legal and food safety guidelines, no food can be released to guests to take outside of the building after an event.
Booking Dates and Guarantees
- Menus should be developed in consultation with a Northwood event coordinator or catering manager and submitted at least TWO WEEKS before the event.
- In order to meet food ordering deadlines, all menu choices must be completed one week prior to the event.
- Final counts and catering orders must be received before noon, FIVE BUSINESS DAYS preceding the event.
Note: There are minimum orders associated with some specific menu items and catering setups. For example, a minimum of 25 people is required for buffets. A minimum of 12 is required for plated entrees. For smaller groups, please contact the Catering Manager at 989.837.4277.
Catering Services Cancellations
- No catering charges are applied if cancellations are made at least 10 business days prior to the first day of the event, unless otherwise stated in a binding contract.
- If food and catering is cancelled between five and nine business days prior to the event groups will be charged 50% of their order.
- No refunds will be made if cancellations are made less than five business days prior to the event (after the final guarantees are submitted).
- If cancellations are made due to inclement weather, some charges may apply. Please contact the Catering Manager for details.
Due to fluctuating market conditions, prices are subject to change without notice until commitment date. Price commitments will be provided 60 days before the scheduled function. A late charge may be assessed for deviations from scheduled times. Please alert your speakers and schedule events carefully.