This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Offered in Midland, Michigan
Adult Degree Programs
- Alpena, Michigan*
- Bay City, Michigan
- Flint, Michigan
- Gaylord, Michigan*
- Grand Rapids, Michigan*
- Lansing, Michigan
- Livonia, Michigan*
- Macomb, Michigan*
- Midland, Michigan
- Saginaw, Michigan
- Selfridge, Michigan (Military)*
- Troy, Michigan*
- Ford Kentucky Truck Plant*
- Ford Louisville Assembly Plant*
- Louisville, Kentucky*
- West Palm Beach, Florida*
- Cedar Hill, Texas
- Fort Worth, Texas (Military)*
- Cerritos, California*
- New Orleans, Louisiana*
- Glen Ellyn, Illinois
*Some or all major coursework is only available online
You’re walking into Wal-Mart on a hot summer day, looking for some sunscreen to protect you from those UV rays that you know are just waiting to scorch your skin at the beach. You get mentally prepared for the long journey through endless aisles of products, and the triumph you’ll feel when you find the one you’re looking for. But wait – right as you enter the store, you see a huge wall of shelves, glowing with heavenly splendor. On it sits a cornucopia of skin-saving salve from SPF 0 to 100. You pause for a second and look around for the hidden camera or banners denoting your personal customer-appreciation day. But there are no antics, no confetti. Only sunscreen.
You have just experienced marketing in all its mystical glory. Although the thrill of the chase is gone, marketers have successfully done their job of making your life easier. Place, or location of a product in relation to the consumer, is just one of the four Ps in the marketing mix. Along with the others – Product, Price, and Promotion – the marketing mix encompasses every aspect of a product’s life from production to consumption. Marketing is a science, but it’s also a social experiment. It has its proven strategies, but also requires creative vision. Picture a mad scientist mixed with a pop-culture guru. Do you fit the bill?
A Degree That Works
Marketing can be applied to almost every industry. Students often look for internship or employment opportunities in advertising agencies, public relations firms, corporate marketing areas, marketing research departments, brand management organizations, customer relationship management divisions and in sales and retailing. Don't overlook the career opportunities in non-profit organizations such as registered charities, arts groups and special interest communities.
Titles held by some of our alumni include:
- Director of Business Development
- Director of Strategy and Planning
- General Manager
- Global Product Marketing Manager
- Insurance Agent
- Marketing Associate
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Manager
- Process Engineer/Leader
- Sales Representative
- Team Leader
- Vice President of Worldwide Human Resources
The following is an abbreviated list of where you’ll find some of our Marketing graduates at work:
- 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
- 360 Degrees, LLC
- BWAY Corporation
- Comcast Cable
- Implant Recycling, LLC
- JD Power and Associates
- Snethkamp Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- LevelSet Solutions, LLC
- PACE Greater New Orleans
- Pinstripe, Inc.
- Spruce Organizing, LLC
- Vespa Capital Brussels Capital of Europe BVBA
Education in Action
- Start classes in your major day one and be ready to hit the ground running.
- Our dynamic curriculum combines marketing mix essentials with new business strategies to adapt to the ever-changing needs of industry employers.
- You will work independently, as well as in teams, to develop marketing plans which you will then present to real clients. For those who are interested in sales (which has significant profit potential), this is your opportunity to perfect your skills of persuasion on someone other than your parents!
- Join the American Marketing Association (AMA) and spend the entire year working as a marketing force to develop a full campaign/plan. You will then compete against other universities for the win. The competitions are designed to further your professional development by providing real-world experience.
- Join the Student Media Group (Michigan campus) which offers opportunities to work on print, digital and video projects for the University. Yes, we actually use work created by students. You’re reading some right now.