Offered in Midland, Michigan
Adult Degree Programs
- Alpena, Michigan*
- Bay City, Michigan*
- Flint, Michigan*
- Gaylord, Michigan*
- Grand Rapids, Michigan*
- Lansing, Michigan*
- Livonia, Michigan*
- Macomb, Michigan*
- Midland, Michigan*
- Saginaw, Michigan*
- Selfridge, Michigan (Military)*
- Troy, Michigan*
- Ford Kentucky Truck Plant*
- Ford Louisville Assembly Plant*
- Louisville, Kentucky*
- Toyota, Kentucky*
- West Palm Beach, Florida*
- Fort Worth, Texas (Military)*
- Cerritos, California*
- New Orleans, Louisiana*
- Glen Ellyn, Illinois*
*Some or all major coursework is only available online
The first and only program of its kind in North America.
You see franchises everywhere – from coffee shops, automotive dealerships, hotels and restaurant chains to beauty salons, travel agencies and everything in between.
While the idea of franchise ownership is not new, a specialized major in Franchising Management is. Northwood University is the FIRST and ONLY fully accredited university in North America to offer a bachelor’s degree program in Franchising Management.
Whether you will launch your own franchise concept, purchase an existing franchise, take over a family-owned business or take your existing franchise to the next level, earning your degree from Northwood University can prepare you for the business challenges and income opportunities this career option affords. Not only do franchise opportunities play a vital role in the global economy and in driving new job creation, they offer an opportunity for you to create value following a proven system. In other words, you go into business for yourself, but not by yourself.
We have educated thousands of students who manage and own successful new and independent businesses. We have worked with countless leaders, managers, executives, entrepreneurs, and employees from a wide variety of industries to help improve business performance. If you see success in the world of franchising in your future, Northwood University is the place to start.
Education in Action
- Start classes in your major day one. Over the course of your studies, your classes will cover everything from the principles of franchising to real estate, financing, marketing and entrepreneurship. You will be well positioned to make educated decisions about your future career path.
- Timely and robust curriculum. Our esteemed faculty draw research and content from the real world of franchising, ranging from successful franchises, franchise experts and leading franchising associations. This timely content prepares students for both domestic and international franchising opportunities.
- Employment opportunities. Starting, buying, expanding or taking over a franchise requires a willingness to take responsibility for your own success. You can focus on working for a franchiser to help franchisees build their businesses or you can acquire a franchise and become a franchisee. Either way, you will be a business developer and builder.
- Our close relationships with successful alumni, as well as other entrepreneurs and industry leaders, not only enhance your education but also improve your chances for employment and/or mentoring after graduation, getting you in the door. You will take field trips that expose you to the “real workings” of various franchise companies and allow you to network with successful franchise owners and managers.
- Experiential learning builds your résumé. Employers constantly stress the need for employee candidates who demonstrate experiences, attitudes, and leadership abilities beyond those provided in the classroom. Here are a few experiential learning opportunities that can help put your resume at the top of the pile:
- Join a business or social club. You will find clubs dedicated to promoting and enhancing your business acumen and leadership skills. You’ll enjoy field trips and group discussions and attend special events to further expose you to experiences within the industry.
A Robust Industry
There are several industries which offer franchise opportunities. You’re sure to find one that suits your skills and interests. Below is a partial list of markets for you to explore.
- Automotive Products/Services
- Children/Family Services
- Digital/Web Services
- Earth Friendly/Green
- Education Products/Services
- Financial Services
- Food & Beverage
- Health & Fitness
- Hospitality/Travel & Tourism
- Information Technology
- Pet Services
- Photo & Video
- Real Estate
- Recreation Related
This trillion-dollar industry is about partnerships, whether you choose to work for a franchiser or become a franchisee.
No matter which one you choose, you must be a team player so that both parties can be successful. And if you choose the latter, you are the leader who controls your own destiny.