Have you ever wondered what you would do for a Klondike bar? Or bought a Sun Drop simply because “Drop it like it’s hot” was such a fun campaign? Chances are you’ve even sung McDonald’s, “Ba, da, ba, ba, ba, I’m lovin’ it” a time or two as well.
Whether you’re interested in writing jingles, building brand strategies and marketing plans, or exploring the world of digital and social media, your future in this industry is calling. The Advertising & Marketing major at Northwood University is for those who want to be creatively challenged and have the chance to make exciting, memorable things happen—even before graduation.
A Degree that Works
Alumni from this program are rocking the advertising and marketing worlds at many domestic and international companies, including:
BBDO Detroit, Inc.
Bailey Edward Architecture
JD Power and Associates
McKenzie Rhody & Hearn, LLC
Net Profit Marketing
Strategic Research Associates
The Dow Chemical Company
Young & Rubicam
Education in Action
The Advertising & Marketing curriculum provides hands-on experience in every corner of the industry. Our students actually develop full advertising and marketing campaigns—for real clients—starting in their freshman year. Between class projects, networking with professionals, and the opportunity to join groups like the American Advertising Federation (AAF) and American Marketing Association (AMA), you'll be well equipped for whichever career path suits you. Once we're done with you, the choice will be yours. Do you want to be the one winning clients, creating the next big campaign, or designing the most future-forward websites and collectible print pieces?
- Start classes in your major day one. The only prerequisite is that you've seen a commercial. You have? Good.
- Our dynamic curriculum combines creative tactics with new business strategies to adapt to the ever-changing needs of industry employers.
- Join the American Advertising Federation (AAF) and spend the entire year working as an "agency" to develop a full ad campaign for a real client. (Past clients include Coca-Cola, Yahoo!, JC Penney, and Nissan.) Not a bad way to get your name out there.
- Get a first-hand look at the industry through trips to the Adcraft Clubs of Detroit, Chicago, and New York, as well as studying abroad in Paris and London.
- Join the Student Media Group which offers opportunities to work on print, digital, and video projects for the University. Yes, we actually use work created by students. You're reading some right now.