The Northwood University Four Year BBA/MBA track is an intensive program of study for high-achieving, focused students.
Students accepted into the Four Year BBA/MBA track that follow the program of study will be able to complete their Bachelor of Business Administration degree in three years and their Master of Business Administration degree in one additional year. This offering allows for and encourages students to participate in the Honors Program and co-curricular campus life programming like varsity athletics, Greek life, business clubs and academic, service and social organizations while at Northwood University.
Each student who has completed an application for admission and provided his/her high school transcript(s) and test score(s) is reviewed for eligibility to participate in the Four Year BBA/MBA track. Upon high school graduation, a student must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible:
- 3.25 Cumulative GPA (CGPA) with 25 ACT/1150 SAT
- 3.50 Cumulative GPA (CGPA) with 24 ACT/1110 SAT
- 3.75 Cumulative GPA (CGPA) with 23 ACT/1070 SAT
Once eligible to participate, a student is mailed Four Year BBA/MBA track materials including a Conditions of Acceptance & Enrollment document. To be enrolled in the Four Year BBA/MBA track, the student must complete, sign and return the Conditions of Acceptance & Enrollment document. Upon completing the admissions process, the student is then able to enroll in BBA/MBA courses at Orientation.
Students are accepted into the Four Year BBA/MBA track as freshmen and receive a provisional acceptance to the DeVos MBA program. A 3.25 GPA must be maintained to remain in the program.
For full criteria, students should refer to the Conditions of Acceptance & Enrollment document, which will be received during the enrollment process.
A student will need to complete 123 credits including “overloads” that do not exceed 19 credits during fall and spring semesters, at no additional cost, and/or students can complete compressed and summer classes at their own expense.
The Four Year BBA/MBA track is only available for the Accelerated 12-month MBA program.
A credit-bearing internship is required prior to starting the MBA program.
A student will need to maintain a minimum 3.25 CGPA each semester to remain in the Four Year BBA/MBA track. If a student falls below a 3.25 CGPA, the student will pay for any courses over 16 credits in the fall and/or spring. Once a student returns to above a 3.25 CGPA, a student will be able to re-enter and resume taking free overloads. A student is allowed to leave and re-enter the Four Year BBA/MBA track once during their academic career. If a student falls below a 3.25 CGPA a second time, they are no longer eligible to continue in the Four Year BBA/MBA track.
A student will attend Four Year BBA/MBA track events/meetings as requested by DeVos Graduate School Administration.
The Four Year BBA/MBA track is offered in the majors listed below. If a student would like to complete additional majors or minors, they will need to work with an Academic Advisor to develop the program. Any compressed or summer courses needed to complete an additional major or minor will be at the student’s own additional expense.
Advertising & Marketing
Automotive Marketing & Management
Entertainment, Sport & Promotion Management
Fashion Marketing & Management
Management Information Systems
The merit scholarship received from Northwood University may be applied a maximum of four consecutive years as long as a student remains a full-time student and maintains the required GPA for renewal. If a student opts out of the Four Year BBA/MBA track or alters their program of study, the merit scholarship may be adjusted in total and/or distribution amount.
The Four Year BBA/MBA track tuition and fees are different than (and determined separately from) the BBA program tuition and fees.
Once graduated to the MBA portion of the Four Year BBA/MBA track, a student is only eligible to receive the institutional aid that was offered upon acceptance to the Four Year BBA/MBA track. A student will not be eligible for any additional DeVos Graduate School merit scholarships or other NU institutional aid designated for undergraduate use.
- Accounting Curriculum Guide
- Advertising & Marketing Curriculum Guide
- Aftermarket Management Curriculum Guide
- Automotive Marketing & Management Curriculum Guide
- Economics Curriculum Guide
- Entertainment, Sport & Promotion Management Curriculum Guide
- Entrepreneurship Curriculum Guide
- Fashion Marketing & Management Curriculum Guide
- Finance Curriculum Guide
- Hospitality Management Curriculum Guide
- International Business Curriculum Guide
- Management Curriculum Guide
- Management Information Systems Curriculum Guide
- Marketing Curriculum Guide
Northwood University Academic Merit Scholarship: The academic merit scholarship you receive for each of the three years of your BBA can also be applied during your fourth year at Northwood as you earn your MBA.
- Minimum GPA requirements for scholarship renewal must be maintained.
- All other Northwood scholarships and grants received during undergraduate education are not eligible for use toward the MBA.
- Undergraduate merit scholarship cannot be applied to the MBA program if you do not complete the Four Year BBA/MBA track.
- DeVos Graduate School scholarships are available for students not completing the Four Year BBA/MBA track.
- Business Club Scholarships and Private Donor Scholarships are also available.